Chapter 8

Serena's POV

As I scoot closer to Shohei, I feel him shuffle closer as well.

The horror movie slowly started to get more gorey. When the scenes came up both me and Sho blocked the screen. Sho covered his eyes with his hand and me on the other hand I hid my face behind Sho's arm.

When the scene passes, we continue to look forward to the screen. I laid my head against his shoulders and he didn't seem to mind.

As time passed, I slowly started falling asleep during the movie...

Shohei's POV

I took Serena to the movies near Santa Monica so we could pass the time and wait for the sunset on the pier.

Our day seems good so far. The more I get to know her, the more I enjoy talking to her.

We're currently at the movies and we're watching a scary movie.

As the gore scenes started to appear in the movie, both me and Serena shielded ourselves from the horror.

Halfway through the movie, I felt Serena slowly laying her head against my arm, slowly drifting off to sleep and I didn't mind one bit.

To be honest, I feel like I've known Serena from somewhere or like another life...jk

I continued watching the movie until the end and finished my Slurpee.

I waited until the movie was finished with the credits and stuff. After a few minutes, I gently woke Serena up.

Serena's POV

I woke up to being gentle being shook.

"The movie ended, are you awake?" I heard a soft warming voice say.

I sat up straight and turned to the side to see the cute Shohei Ohtani with a warm smile on his face.

"Hi sleepy head" he chuckled.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to lean on you," I said embarrassingly.

He laughed and asked "Are you hungry? We can get food"

"I am a little hungry, yea." I replied.

"hmm what are you craving madame?" He asked as he got up to stretch and I did the same.

"Tacos really sounds good right now" I suggested.

"Ouu I love tacos, let's go to a taco shop."

I agreed and we headed out towards the car.

I checked my phone again and it was almost 5.

We decided to go to a local taco shop, and during the ride, I had a question for him.

"Sho?" I asked softly.

"Hmm?" he replied while focusing on driving.

"Aren't you scared that someone will snap a picture of us and it would be posted on a platform and it would start rumors?" I said wondering.

"Well...I do worry sometimes, and I do like keeping my personal life private and away from the media, but I don't think someone will go out of their way to cause such a disturbance. And I do enjoy going out from time to time and today is one of those days." he said with a firm smile.

We then arrived at the taco shop and Sho came and opened my door. It was a little packed but we waited in line to order.

I turn to Sho and he faces down towards me.

"Shohei. I'm paying for the food." I said determined so I could finally pay for something.

"Okay, ma'am." He said with a smile and looked back at the menu.

- After they order-

And finally I paid for the first time today.

We finally got our order and decided to eat outside since it was a little stuffy inside.

I got two carñe asada tacos and Sho got two tacos al pastor.

I let out a moan as I took the first bite. It tasted like heaven. I looked over to Sho and he was already done with one taco.

Mans really must like it.

---

Word Count: 596