Chapter 16

I woke up from my nap about an hour later. I got up to put food for my Milo and I checked my phone to see no messages.

I let out a sigh and went to put food for milo and started making dinner for myself.

Once finishing making dinner, I sat at the counter and began eating my food. I decided to scroll on Instagram and noticed that Shohei posted a story. I know he usually doesn't post but I decided to check anyway.

It showed that he was at some restaurant. A busy man that I shouldn't get attached to.

I kept scrolling through Instagram and finished my food.

After washing the dishes, I showered, did my skincare, and got ready for bed.

His scent engulfed me as soon as I settled down under the blanket.

It was so comforting and calming that I started falling asleep instantly.

- a few weeks later -

It's been a couple of weeks since I've heard from Shohei, but he is a busy man, and he was probably practicing for the season. And today is the opening.

My sister and her boyfriend invited me out to an Angels game today.

It started at 3, so before that, we decided to get brunch near the stadium.

I was wearing a white long-sleeve and ripped denim jeans, and guess whose jersey. Take a guess, I'll give you 10 bucks.

Yes, Shohei's jersey. Best baseball player of this lifetime.

We decided to grab some drinks and snacks before we headed to our seats, and they were honestly pretty good seats. They were behind the Angel's dugout, across from 3rd base.

The Angels were warming up as we sat down.

My eyes wandered, looking for Shohei.

I spotted him practicing throws. I felt my sister nudging me.

"That's your man, huh."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

The team got called back as the other team started practicing.

I see Shohei and some other guys come over to our side since they were signing things for a few fans.

A small flock of people started to form. I just sat there and admired him from afar as he signed balls and jerseys.

As he was giving a ball back, our eyes met.

He waved at me with his cute smile, and I waved back. My heart was content.

"awwww, serena is blusssshingggg." My sister teased.

"Shut up he was being nice, I haven't talk to him in a while." I replied

"Wait, you met him?" Her boyfriend asked.

"Yeah, they literally went on a da-" I nudged her to get her to stop because there are people around us.

It's first inning, and the opposing team is batting. Sho is a pitcher, and he strikes out the first player. Fly ball for the next. And another strike.

Angels currently have a loaded base, and Shohei was next to bat.

Angel fans were rooting for Shohei.

STRIKE 1!!!

"BRUSH IT OFF, OHTANI!" I heard a fan yell.

STRIKE 2!!! Commentator said.

Both cheers came from fans of the teams; they grew louder and louder.

The sound of the ball and bat connected and echoed.

"ONE BIG GRANNNNND SLAM FROM SHOHEI OHTANNNIIII," the Commentator yelled over the speakers.

Angel fans roared Shohei's name with appraisal. 

Every player made it to home base. 

I jumped with excitement and cheered.

Shohei ran past, flashing a smile and wink.