Chapter 9

Serena's POV:

We finished up our tacos and got into the car for the pier.

I got a message from my sister.

Sis🐙

Hey. I'm still at your apartment. 

Where are you?

I'm currently out right now.

I'm at Santa Monica.

Ohhh okay. I didn't want to leave Milo

What time you coming back?🤨

Mmmm I'll lyk

OMG ARE YOU OUT ON A DATE??

I just left her on seen after that. 

"Who you texting?" Sho asked

I told him that it was just my sister and she asked where I was.

By the time we got back to the pier it was half past 5 and we found some parking it was only 35 bucks. So not bad.

As we got out of the car, the breeze finally hit me. It was cold. 

I got out on my own and Sho went to his trunk to get something.

I waited for him as I scrolled through my phone which I had barely checked all day. It was a Do Not Disturb type of day.

As I look up from my phone, I see Shohei handing me something. It was his hoodie.

"Put it on it's going to be cold on the pier" Sho said as he handed it to me.

"Aweeee you're so kind." I take it from him and put it on.

As we walked down side by side, we stopped at the little gift shops they had along the pier. They had cool, cute little items like the keychains with names and little shot glasses.

We made our way towards the rides and carnival games.

Me and Shohei stood in the middle of the amusement park and at the corner of my eye, I see a game where you have to knock the bottles down with a ball.

I tug on his arm and pointed at the game. 

BEACH BASH

I leaned up towards him. 

"You think you can win that?" I said jokingly

"well yeaaa Of course I can." He laughed and rolled his eyes.

He then grabs my hand and starts walking towards the gaming booth.

"Hey guys welcome! So 12 dollars for 5 rounds or 4 dollars for 1 round. If you knock down the blocks 5 or 4 rounds you win the big prize. 3 or 4 for a medium prize. 1 or 2 for a small prize. And if you don't knock any down. You still get a prize." The gaming attendance told us.

"We'll do the 5 rounds." Shohei smiled and handed him the money.

"I believe in you Shooooo." I said excitedly standing across from him. 

He winks and gets in position to throw.

Before he threw it, I pulled out my phone and started recording.

He knocked down the blocks in the first round. I cheered him on.

WITH THE SECOND ROUND HE KNOCKS ANOTHER SET OF BLOCKS DOWNNN. WOOOOOOO.

A few people started watching as he threw. he knocks down another set of blocks. The crowd cheers him on.

The fourth round, he missed the last blocked and I guess it didn't count.

And finally, the last round win determines if he'd win the biggest prize.

HE MAKES IT AND KNOCKS DOWN ALL THE BLOCKS. THE CROWD CHEERS!!!!! 

"LETS GO SHOHEI!!!" I heard someone from the crowd yelled. So we do have some fans here.

Shohei chose a monkey that had a really big banana and gave it to me. 

The fans asked if they could get a picture with him and he of course said yes.

They asked me to take a picture for them and I said yes. 

I then asked one of them to take a picture of me and Shohei and the plushie.

I looked at the pictures of us and it looked adorable.

"Is it okay for me to keep these or do you want me to delete them?" I asked Sho.

"It's okay with me Rena. I really think it's cute." He replied with a smile.

---

I really enjoyed writing this chapter, it's so cute and romantical. I really hope you all enjoyed it as well!

QOTD: Have you ever been to the Santa Monica Pier?

---

Word count: 656