Forever

Miss Peregrine P.O.V.

It had been three days since Emma and Christina's adventure out to the present time. Everything had been going well since. Even Jake had returned.

I now watched Emma and Jake through narrowed eyes from the kitchen window. It was obvious that the two were in love, and I am okay with it. I just hope the boy does not hurt Emma's feelings like Abe had done so many years ago.

My mind now drifted to Christina. I smiled faintly as I thought of the woman I loved. I never thought I would feel like this ever again, but Christina had awoken the long dormant feelings.

"Speaking of.." I mumbled aloud as I turned away from the kitchen window.

I have not seen her since this morning..

I made my way out of the kitchen, spying Enoch and Olive at the top of the stairs.

"Mr. O'Connor, Miss Elephanta."

Both teens turned to look at me. Their surprise was quickly changed to forced curiosity. They were clearly hiding something.

"Yes, Miss Peregrine?" Enoch asked with his usual bored tone.

Olive fidgeted with her hands beside him as she waited for me to speak.

I quirked a brow at the duo. "Have either of you seen Miss Cullen? I have not seen her since this morning."

Enoch and Olive shared a look before returning their gazes to me. Enoch shrugged, "I haven't."

Olive quickly perked up, "Oh, but I think she mentioned something about that ointment you had put on her wound? Maybe she's getting more?" Enoch shot her a look, causing Olive to shrug and look away.

I hummed in thought. "I see." I strolled up the stairs and walked past them. "Thank you both."

I heard them scurry away as I reached the top of the stairs.

How odd..

I made my way to my bedroom, expecting to see Christina lounging on my bed. I was highly disappointed. With a small huff, I walked into the bathroom. I chanced a peek into the cabinet with the ointment to see if it had been moved. What I found surprised me. It was a handwritten note from Christina. I plucked it up and read it out loud.

"Ah, you found me? I guess Enoch and Olive spilled the beans! Try searching where the prehistoric creatures roam. I heard one of them likes to eat the kid's soccer balls."

I furrowed my brows. "What kind of riddle.." I suddenly gasped as realization hit me. "The topiary garden." I closed the cabinet and straightened up.

One of the creatures is a tyrannosaurus that the children constantly lose their ball to.

A light smirk graced my lips. "A scavenger hunt it is." I turned and hurried out of the bathroom, exiting my room with the same speed.

After exiting the house, I made my way over to the garden. I spotted Emma and Jake nearby and decided to ask if they had seen Christina.

Emma shot me a grin. "I'm sure you'll find her, Miss Peregrine, and you'll be very happy when you do."

I tilted my head in confusion at the girl's odd words. "Whatever do you mean by that?"

Emma just shrugged and led Jake away.

I shook my head and made my way over to the tyrannosaurus topiary. Sure enough, there was a rolled up note sticking out of its mouth. With a light chuckle, I shifted into my falcon and flew up to grab it in my beak.