Chapter 6

Sawyer's POV

It probably wasn't the best idea to leave Julianna in the bathroom by herself. I ran out of the bathroom and into the nurses office. The nurse looked at me as I rushed through the door.

"Hello again Sawyer, what do you need?" The nurse asked me as she arose from her desk.

"I need Julianna's diabetes bag thing. I think we left it in here."

"Yes, you did. I'll get it for you." The nurse said as she left to the back room.

I stood in the nurses office awkwardly waiting for her to return. 

She returned in 2 minutes and I grabbed it from her and said thanks and ran out to the bathrooms. I entered the bathroom and I heard Julianna crying. I pushed the cubicles stall door open and went inside. Julianna was hugging her legs and crying.

As soon as I entered she grabbed my arm and pulled me down next to her.

"It's ok Jules. I'm here." I whispered quietly as I wrapped my arms around her.

She continued crying into my shoulder. 

"It's ok Jules." I repeated.

She stopped crying and I loaded the insulin into the needle. 

"Jules, I'm going to inject the insulin now, ok?" I asked holding the needle.

She nodded. I cautiously moved the needle into her left arm. She flinched a little bit then I pushed the syringe and pulled the needle out.

"You ok?" I asked her.

She nodded. She shuffled closer to me and placed her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tightly.

After awhile Julianna fell asleep on my shoulder. Then we heard footsteps enter the bathroom.

"Julianna, Sawyer?" The voice asked us. "It's Phillip, Mrs. Smith wants to know if you will be attending class today."

"Hi Phillip. Jules and I won't attend class today but we will tomorrow." I whispered.

"Ok, see you tomorrow."

Then Phillip left.

After awhile Julianna woke up. 

"Sorry, did I fall asleep on you?" She asked sleepily.

"Yeah, but it's ok."

"Fvck!" She said.

"What?"

"We missed the first class didn't we?"

"Yeah, but it's fine. I told Phillip to tell Mrs. Smith we won't be in today."

"Phew."

"It's almost lunch. If you're hungry we can grab something and go back to a room and eat." I said.

"Sure. What's on the menu for lunch today?"