Chapter 14

Sawyer's POV

~4:23pm.

We were sitting in my towers common room watching a show. Julianna's leg was on my lap with an ice pack on her knee and the others were sitting on the floor.

"It's 4:23, you guys should get ready for your battle." Mason says looking and Jules and I.

"Good idea." I say getting off the couch.

"Check her sugars Anderson. The battle's made me go low." Kyle says.

"Jules?" I ask her.

"My phone's dead." She says pulling it out of her pocket.

"I'll check then." I say.

I pull out my phone and check where her sugars are at.

"6.9" I say.

"What's the range?" Kyle asks.

"8-13." Jules replied

"Get a juice box on the way and drink it so your sugars are a little bit higher for the battle, it'll end up dropping." Kyle said.

"Good luck guys, we'll come watch your battle." Elliot said.

Julianna started walking towards the exit of my tower and I was heading to my dorm. She turned around to look at me and called out:
"Where are you going Anderson?" 

"Getting  juice." I replied.

"Coming." She called out.

She started jogging towards me and followed me to  my dorm. While she was jogging I noticed she was limping slightly.

"How's your knee and ankle?" I ask her.

"Ankle's getting better, knee still hurts."

"Can you do the battle?"

"I'll be fine." She says as we arrive at my room.

"Flavour?" I asked her.

"Apple?" She replied.

I went in my room and took the box out from under my bed and found the flavour and tossed it to her as I slid the box back under my bed.

"Thanks." She said drinking the juice.

********************************************************************************

We were about to start the battle, there was heaps of students watching. The battle zone had a safety bubble around it so no spectator would get hurt and there were lines on the field to show the "out" zone. We had to stand through 15 minutes of rules and we did a 15 minute warm up.

The rules were simple, any form of fighting was allowed, multiple weapons were hidden around the field, no head shots, each team gets 1 time out and if the player falls out of the lines on the field they get 1 strike, the team with the most strikes at the end of 45 minutes loses.

After Mrs. Smith told us the rules she left for an important meeting. There were multiple refs umpiring the match and heaps of students cheering. Julianna and I were the "red team" and Georgia and Madeline were the "blue team".

I spotted the boys and they were cheering and Kyle was holding a juice box for Jules.

The battle started with a whistle from the ref. Jules and I let Georgia and Madeline run for the weapons as we were both already good without any weapons. Our plan was that I chase them to the edge of the field or we lure them to the edge and attack. 

The field was a maze, weapons were hidden throughout the maze. Georgia and Madeline both entered through different sides of the maze. I gave Jules a boost so she could run on top of the maze and surprise the girls while I went through the maze and followed them. I followed Georgia and Jules was keeping an eye on Madeline from above.

When Georgia saw me following her she started attacking me but she didn't even lay a finger on me as I swept her legs so she would fall over and I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her to the edge of the line and pushed her over the line.

"One strike for blue!" The ref called out. 

Everyone started cheering.

"Another strike for blue!" The other ref called out.

I assumed Jules managed to get Madeline over the line. I saw Jules running through the maze followed by Madeline who was holding a massive sword.

"Give me a boost Anderson!" Jules called out.

I ran towards her and gave her a boost on top of the maze.

"Madeline give me a boost!" Georgia called out as she was running back into the maze.

Madeline gave her a boost and Georgia started charging towards Jules.

"Jules!" I called out.

She turned around and was ready to knock Georgia off the edge.

"Anderson, left, straight, right, right, left." Jules called out.

I understood what she wanted me to do, she was going to dodge Georgia and Georgia was going to fall off the maze and onto the floor, Jules gave me the directions to where Georgia was hopefully going to land.

I ran through the maze and followed the directions I was given. I looked up and I could see Georgia about to punch Jules and Jules dodged her and tripped Georgia who was now stumbling off the maze. Georgia landed right in front of me and I pushed her over the line again.

"Another strike for blue!" The ref called out.

I ran back to Jules who was still above the maze.

"Madeline's turning the corner." She called out.

"Ok, I got this." I said.

I was ready to trip Madeline over as she turned the corner but unfortunately she jumped over my foot and was ready to throw a punch. Then Jules came jumping off the top of the maze and kicked Madeline on the back which startled her and sent Madeline falling to the ground and Jules is also falling to the ground but Georgia come out of nowhere and kicks Jules' foot before she could land. Jules land weirdly and cries out in pain.

"Jules!" I yell.

"I'm fine. Get them over the line!" She calls out as she stands on one foot leaning against the maze.

I don't know what to do, Jules is hurt and Georgia and Madeline are very close to the line. I hesitate then I see Georgia charging towards me, I don't have enough time to react and I get shoved over the line and I fall onto the concrete floor. I get up and see them attacking Julianna!

Julianna is to hurt to fight back and I immediately call a time out.

"Time out called by red!" The ref calls out.

Georgia and Madeline started to walk off the field and I ran towards Jules as she falls to the ground. I catch her in my arms and carry her out of the field into the changing room nearby.