Chapter 8

~6:01am

Julianna's POV

We quietly went to our rooms and pretended to sleep. Sure enough Mrs. Smith walked in to count heads. Then after I was certain she went back to sleep I left my room and attempted to walk towards the common room. I didn't make it that far, I only made it outside my rooms door.

I sat outside the door and I heard footsteps walking towards me. I quickly stood up, I ignored the pain coming from my ankle and I started running down the hall.

"Hello?" The voice asked. "Is anyone out here?" The voice continued. "It's your tower leader, Phillip."

I couldn't run any further. My ankle felt like it was getting cut off. I stopped running and started crying as I sat on the floor. I hugged my knees and kept crying.

Phillip started walking towards me.

"Are you crying?" Phillip asked confused. "Who's there?"

Phillip clearly didn't recognize me. He continued walking towards me.

"Julianna?" He asked confused. "It's ok Julianna, I'm here." He said bobbing in front of me.

"Hey, it's ok Julianna, what's wrong?" He asked awkwardly putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Julianna, talk to me. What happened?" He asked. "Do you want me to get a teacher?"

"N...No. Please don't." I replied as my breathing got quicker.

"Do you want me to get Sawyer?"

"No." I replied struggling to breathe.

"I'm getting either Sawyer or a teacher, your choice." He said standing up.

"Julianna. If you don't pick I'll get a teacher." He said a little bit aggressive.

"Saw...Sawyer." I said. "Get... Get Sawyer." 

"Ok. I'll be back soon." Phillip replied as he quietly ran through the corridor.

I sat there crying into my knees. 

After 2 minutes 2 people burst into the green tower.

"Julianna?" Sawyer whispers as he quietly and quickly walks through the corridor.

Sawyer spots me and runs towards me.

"Jules, it's ok. I'm here." Sawyer says as he bobs in front of me.

"How long as she been like this for?" Sawyer asks Phillip.

"I don't know, maybe 5 minutes." Phillip replies.

"Julianna, what happened? Why are you out here?" Sawyer asked me.

"I..I.. was...trying..to...leave...the..tower...but...I...heard..someone...and ran." I stuttered.

"And while you were running you made your ankle worse?" Sawyer asked.

I nodded.

"Wait, what happened?" Phillip asked confused.

"Basically we were out on a run and Mrs. Smith showed up, we ran away and Julianna hurt her ankle. We went back to the towers and when she heard you coming she thought you were Mrs. Smith so she ran down the corridor which I'm assuming made her ankle worse." Sawyer explained.