Chapter 7

~Monday, 13/02/23 - 5:30am

Julianna's POV

I woke up really early in the morning to go for a run before class starts. I haven't attended the last 2 days of school as my sugars have been crazy and the last 2 days haven't been that important. Today is very important though. They are holding tests for the first and second year students. Sawyer has skipped the last 2 classes as well to keep an eye on me and Mrs. Smith has told us we had to attend classes today.

I grabbed my headphones and phone and quietly walked out of my room carefully trying to not wake Madeline and Georgia. I crept down the stairs and walked out towards the oval near the end of the school. I remembered to bring some lollies which I had in a small bum bag. I started running laps around the oval. I loved looking at the sunset. After 15 minutes I started feeling a little bit dizzy so I stopped running and sat down on the grass with my bottle of juice. My sugars were at 5.3 when they're meant to be around 8-13. I started drinking the juice then someone crept up behind me at scared me...

"Ra!" The person yelled quietly.

"What the fvck!" I yelled.

I yelled it very loud that Mrs. Smith's room lights turned on.

"Sorry. Hi Jules. It's me." The person said.

"Fvck you, Sawyer." I replied.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Running."

"Mrs. Smith is coming!" Sawyer said looking behind him. Sure enough Mrs. Smith was walking towards us with a flashlight, hair curlers in her hair, slippers, a robe and a pan.

"What's she doing with a pan?" I asked.

"Probably using it to whack whoever she sees." Sawyer said.

"We should run!" I said panicked.

"Yep, good idea!" Sawyer replied.

We started running for the gate.

"I know you're here somewhere!" Mrs. Smith called out.

Mrs. Smith was still hot on our tails. 

"Jules!" Sawyer called out.

I turned around confused but I kept running. Then something pulled on my shoulders and shoved me backwards. I twisted my ankle in a weird way.

"What the fvck?!" I yelled confused.

"Sorry, you were about to run into the brick wall." Sawyer said.

I tried to put my right foot on the floor but I instantly felt a shooting pain.

"Are you ok?" Sawyer asked me.

"Just fine." I replied with a fake smile.

The sun was rising so we had to leave before Mrs. Smith saw us.

"I hurt you didn't I?" Sawyer said with sadness in his voice.

"It's fine. That was my bad ankle anyway. I've hurt it multiple times."