Chapter Ten - Cousins

Ava's Pov

I went downstairs to the living room hearing unfamiliar voices " ....so pretty, just like her father. Where's the other one" a woman who was pulling Lexi's cheeks said when I got to the living room.

There were a lot of people in the room. I went and stand by Lexi's side and said "hello" to the people in the room.

All of their eyes were on Lexi and I. "Why don't we all introduce ourselves" a man who looked to be a little bit younger than dad said and came towards Lexi and I.

" My name is Connor. I'm your dad's immediate brother" he said and point to a woman who was smiling at us " that's my wife, Audrey. Boys, introduce yourselves" three boys came forward. A boy who seems to be the oldest smiled at Lexi and glared at me introduced himself first. "Hi, my name is Kyle and I'm 18 years old" another came forward "I'm Bryan and I'm 16" the last one came and hugged Lexi with a large grin on his face "I'm Archer. Am twelve and I'm your favorite cousin." Kyle and Bryan both have brown hair like their mom but green eyes like their dad, while Archer has blonde hair like his dad and hazel eyes like his mom "no you're not!" The rest of our cousins all shouted at Archer with scowls on some of their faces. Lexi giggled. While I fiddled with my fingers feeling awkward.

When they all stepped back, a man who looked like dad— except his eyes are a darker shade of green —came with who I'm assuming is his wife stood where uncle Connor was standing before.

"I'm your uncle Michael, the youngest among your uncle Connor and your dad" he said with a smile on his face. "I'm your aunt Charlotte. Michaels wife. And those are our sons" she pointed at another set of boys who were conversing with each other. One of them who was looking our way nudged another and they looked our way before coming towards us. This time they were four instead of three. "I'm Andrew, I'm seventeen and the oldest" he glared at both me and Lexi. I guess not everyone here likes Lexi. Two boys who I'm guessing are twins smiled at Lexi, completely ignoring me. "Don't mind my brother, he's just in a bad mood" one of them said "I'm Cole, and this idiot is my twin brother, Chase. We're both fifteen" the other who I'm guessing is Cole replied "but I'm older" Chase said "by two minutes" Cole said and stuck his tongue out at his twin brother. The latter just rolled his eyes at the former. The last boy came forward "I'm Noah. I'm thirteen and the youngest" he said with a smirk on his face.

Andrew looked like the younger version of uncle Michael. With blonde hair and dark green eyes. The twins have brown almost black eyes like their mom but with their dad's blonde hair and Noah looked like the male and younger version of his mom. He inherited her eyes and black hair. The whole time Lexi and I were quiet just listening to them introducing themselves with the occasional giggle or chuckle from Lexi.

"That's a lot of names and faces, but I'm Alexis, you can call me Lexi. I'm eleven and the older twin" Lexi said, grinning at all of them. When she finished introducing herself, they all turn to look at me. I began to feel nervous with all the attention on me and introduced myself, stuttering a little in the process. "Um...my na..name is A..Ava. I'm twelve and the you..younger twin." I fiddled with my fingers keeping my eyes on the floor as though it was the most interesting thing in the world. 

"Since you are all done introducing yourselves, it's time I meet my granddaughters" a feminine voice said, the voice coming closer with each word.

A finger lifted my chin since I was looking at the floor. I came face-to-face with an old woman with a smile on her face. When she saw me she gasped and removed her finger from my chin putting it on my cheek. "You are so pretty. Just like your mother" my face flushed from the compliment. " Thank you " I said with a small smile on my face." She turned her face to look at Lexi, moving her fingers from my cheeks to Lexis own. "You look like the female version of your dad and brothers. But you are prettier than them" the woman who am guessing is my grandmother said to Lexi earning 'heys' and 'that's not fair' from my brothers making everyone chuckle.

"I'm Samantha your grandmother. But call me grandma" she said with a smile on her face. A man came and put his hand on her waist and kissed her forehead, smiled at us before introducing himself. "I'm Adam your grandfather, but call me grandad" "it's so nice to finally meet my grandparents" Lexi said grinning at grandma and grandad. Grandma's expression turned sad when Lexi said this but she quickly masked it.

"Since we're all done introducing ourselves, why don't we go and cook lunch" aunt Charlotte said and all the ladies left the room including grandma. I guess I was absorbed in reading my novel that I didn't even know it was time for lunch. The men also left the room. Leaving the youngsters. The youngsters meaning my brothers except Dimitri and Damien and our cousins including Lexi and I.

"So, what do we do now?" Chase and Cole said at the same time, then glared at each other. "Why are they glaring at each other?" Lexi asked confused. "They hate saying the same thing at the same time" Archer replied sitting down on the armchair beside Bryan and Andrew.

Lexi sat down in the middle of Kyle and Noah. I went and sat down on the other couch. The others were already spread out on different couches.

"Let's play a game" Daniel replied to Chase and Cole's earlier questions. "What kind of game?" Daniel and the twins said in sync. "How about twenty questions " Lexi said. When she saw the questioning looks on their face she shrugged and said "you are all practically strangers to me, so I want to get to know you. And what better way than twenty questions" they all looked at each other before shrugging and saying okay. "What about us" Daniel whined. "Sometimes I think you are a five year old inside a fifteen year old body" Kyle said. His attention solely on his phone. Daniel gasped, looking offended. "I'm offended. How can you think so low of me" he clicked his tongue and shook his head. "Even Lexi and Archer that are younger than you act more mature than you" Daniel glared at Cole when he said this. "You act more childish than me. Remember the time that you cried when your ice cream fell" Daniel had a smirk on his face when he said this.

Cole's face flushed and he looked at a smirking Daniel mortified. "I was just a kid!" He glared at Daniel. "Yeah, a fourteen year old kid" Everyone started laughing at the look on Cole's face. Even I chuckled at this. "Wait!" Justin suddenly shouted. We all turned to look at him. "Is Cole blushing" everyone looked at Cole and erupted in fits of laughter. Cole's face just reddened. Noah and Archer were rolling on the floor and Daniel and the twins were holding their stomachs, their cheeks red from laughing too much.

"I can't believe I'm seeing Cole blushing" James said still gasping for breathe from his fits of laughter. "Can all of you just stop it already. You're embarrassing me in front of these children" Cole said, running his hands through his messy blonde hair. Noah raised his eyebrow at his brother "who is a child here, I can't see a child except for you, your twin and Daniel" they all looked at Noah and glared at him and said in synchronization "I'm gonna f****** punch your ass, you ass****" I cringed at their choice of words.

"Stop fighting like girls idiots" Kyle said Glaring at all of them. Chase wanted to say something but was interrupted by a maid telling us that lunch is ready.

They all stood up and rushed to the dining room. I waited for them to leave first before I stood up and left the living room too.

That was chapter ten
Hoped you liked it
Buh-bye 👋👋