Chapter Fifteen - Car keys

David's { father} pov

I was in my office signing some paperwork when my phone rang. I picked up my phone and furrow my eyebrows when I saw an unknown number. I didn't answer and kept it.

The phone stopped ringing and started ringing after some minutes. I didn't answer and it continued ringing before I picked it after the fourth time.

"Hello" I said to whoever was at the other side in a cold tone because he/she disturbed me when I was working and I hate it when people disturb when I'm working for unnecessary reasons.

"Hello. Am I speaking to Mr King" the person on the other side said in a shaky voice.

"Yes this is him. Who is this"

"It's Mr Ross. The principal of Liberty Middle School." 

"Oh! Mr Ross. I'm assuming you are calling to give me good news about the test my daughters took" I said while closing the file I'm currently signing and keeping my pen aside.

"Yes, Mr King. Your kids have passed the test and will be attending Liberty Middle School by this Monday"

"I'm glad my daughters have passed the test and not failed because we know what will happen when my kids do not attend this school"  I said with a small smirk on my face.

"Y..yes o..of course Mr King"  my smirk turned into a big one upon hearing the slight tremor in his voice.

"Is that all Mr Ross, cause I have a lot of work to do" I replied to him looking at the stack of papers on my desk.

"Um actually Mr King there's a slight problem"

"What is it, you're wasting my time" I said irritably.

"Well, one of your daughter, I think Ava is her name, is in the sixth grade. While your other daughter, Alexis, is in the fifth grade"
He said and my blood boiled.

"What do you mean Ava, is in the sixth grade and Alexis is in the fifth" I spat with anger, standing up abruptly. My office chair fell down due to the sudden force.

"W..well y..you see Mr King. We determine what class a kid will be when he/she have taken the test and have passed it. Ava is really smart and the result showed she should be taken to the sixth grade instead of fifth with her sister." He replied in one breath.

"Well it's either you bring Ava back to fifth grade or you take Alexis to the sixth" I said to him with anger lacing my tone.

"I..I..I ca..can't br.. bring Alexis to the sixth grade Mr k..King" he stuttered. I gripped my phone tightly keeping myself from throwing it across the room due to my anger.

"Then bring Ava back to the fifth grade!" I shouted before hanging up.

Ava and princess – lexi– must be in the same grade by all means, even if it means bringing Ava back to fifth grade.

Daniel's pov

"Stop making that noise" James hissed at me looking up for a minute to glare at me.