Chapter Nineteen - Chloe

Ava's pov

"Good morning students!" our homeroom teacher said enthusiastically. " Good morning sir" the whole class said with less enthusiasm.

"Welcome back to a new session and new month. My name is George Bob, but, you can call me Mr George. Why don't you all introduce yourselves to the class." When nobody stood up, he pointed at a boy in the front seat by the left.

"You! Why don't you introduce yourself to the class" the boy stood up, said his name and his age before sitting down. This continue before it reached me.

You did this before, you can do it now. I mentally encouraged myself before I stood up. "Erm my name is A..Ava Rosalie King and I'm eleven years old." I sat down after introducing myself and releasing a relieved breath.

The red head girl beside me stood up and I finally got to see her face. She has tan skin, round face with specks of freckles on her face. Her hair stopped at her mid back, she has red eyebrows and eyelash and bright green eyes that was covered by her thick black glasses. She's beautiful.

"My name is Chloe Casper and I'm twelve years old." A boy at the back snorted and everyone began to laugh. With the exception of me, Lexi, Chole and some few students.

"Silence!" Mr George bellowed and everyone kept quiet. "Can you tell me what's funny Jordan?" Mr George asked sternly when Chloe sat down. "Nothing sir" Jordan answered meekly.

The rest of the class introduced their selves and before I knew it, the bell rang signifying the end of homeroom.

Everyone left the class and I saw Lexi leaving the class with two girls beside her. I picked my schedule and my bag before turning to look at Chloe who was busy packing her stuff.

"Hi" I said a little hesitant. "Hi" she said. "What do you have now?" She looked at her schedule when I asked her. I already know we all have math now, but I wanted to make small talks with her and make her my friend.

"Umm... Math. What do you have?" She asked while fixing her glasses. "I have math too. Can you show me to our class?" I asked her opening the door and walking down the hallway with her beside me. "Sure."

We walk together in silence before reaching the class. The class was noisy with girls talking animatedly to each other, boys running around the class and making a ruckus.

I saw Lexi sitting with one of the girls and the other dragged her chair from her table and sat down beside them. They were busy talking, smiling and occasionally laughing to each other.

I followed Chloe to her seat which was in the middle row by wall. She kept her bag on the floor and sat down on her seat and removing some books out of her bag. I remain standing rocking on the balls of my feet before asking her a question. "Do you have a seat mate?" She looked up surprised that I was still standing beside her. "No" she shook her head and I happily sat down and kept my bag on the back of my seat.

"Can you maybe show me around the school sometime when you're free?" I asked while removing my note book and pen from my bag. "Um... Sure" I smiled at her before turning to the teacher who just came in. Everyone quickly went to their seats and sat down.

"Good morning class" the teacher who seems to be in her late twenties cheerfully said. "Good morning ma'am!" The class replied.

"My name is Ms Abigail and I'm going to be your mathematics teacher. " She said turning around to write her name on the smart board.

"Today, we're going to be learning about fractions and decimals. You can convert a fraction into a decimal by dividing the numerator by the denominator. For example, if you want to convert 1/2 into a decimal, divide the numerator, which is 1 by the denominator which 2 and it will give you 0.5. Do you all understand?"