Chapter 8

The fight with Fiona has been a few days we've been avoiding each other at best, I've started writing the journal and the twins have helped with the little in it.

With Fiona and I not talking terms, the project study sessions have been on hold. At least, the guilt of not letting her in would be lessened. She wouldn't have left so easily if she was genuinely interested in becoming friends.

Again, we're at lunch with Madison and Dylan sending death glares my way, their actions goes unnoticed by the twins absolved in their yet another banter.

Finally sensing my discomfort Lila questions concern laced in her tone,

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine."

"No you're not, you keep squirming in your seat. What's wrong?"
Luca butts in.

His eyes begin scanning the cafeteria searching for the reason for my discomfort before they settle on the two shooting glares my way.

"Are they the reason?"

"Yeah."

"It's fine, don't pay attention to them. In fact, let's go." He comments gently grabbing my hand, then leading me out of the cafeteria.

We find an empty class and the three of us continue having lunch there. After lunch, the twins and I head to our next classes which sadly are not together.

School's over I'm by my car waiting on the twins, when Fiona strolls towards me.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Um, I'm sorry for my outburst the other day." She apologizes her eyes glued to the ground.

"It's fine, I was harsh. I'm sorry also."

Silence fills the air for some seconds.

"So can I come over today?"

"Yeah"

"Ok, I'll see you then."

"You too."

As soon as she leaves the twins arrive and we head home.

The twins and I spend some time watching a movie before they head home.

Fiona's arrival is long after, she settles in while I go get my books.

By evening, we realize we've covered more than half of the topic we're working on. In light of our little celebration, she puts forth yet another invite.

"So, my friends are coming over this weekend and we're going on a little outing. I would like of you could make it."

"I don't know, where you guys going?"

"To the movies, then we'll probably roam around the city before heading home."

"I don't know, I'll think about it though." 

"Ok."

"I'll get going, see you at school."
____

"A movie?"

"Kay, I get that you're trying to interact with other people but this?"
Mum tries to reason.

"These are people you don't know, infact you still don't even know this girl well. How could consider this?"

"Mum, it's one outing."

"I know."

"Dr Sarah advised to give her a chance."

"I get that but what if her friends aren't nice?"