Chapter 14

Do you remember the resolve I made after leaving Dr Sarah's office?

Well, it was tossed out the window on my arrival home. On arriving, Fiona seated on my couch wasn't on the list of my expectations, making the resolve I had made falter once again.

Now, here I am at school strolling to class with the twins.

I'm called up by Mr Schaeffer to give a solution to the electrolysis problem, as I walk by the students whispers erupt across the classroom with Mr Schaeffer struggling to get the class under his control.

He gives an awkward stare before signaling for me to head to my seat, the walk to my seems long as I walk by each group of students they struggle to hide their laugh pointing to my pants.

The action of these students makes me turn around taking a peek at my trousers before spotting a huge red stain, at my realization tears well up in my eyes as I rush out of the classroom with Luca's voice  echoing above the clamor.

Rushing into an empty stall crying as I am seated on the toilet seat.

Luca rushes in after me searching through the stalls by calling out to me.

My muffled cries are heard and he stands right outside,

"Kayla, are you ok?"

The concern in his tone only makes me cry harder, the tears falling without stop.

My period wasn't supposed to come for another week, now the mess it has created.

If it was some other girl the gossip will go away after some days, but it's me the school's weirdo it won't end even in weeks.

"If you don't answer I'm gonna have to come in."

Luca threatens, the desperation for a response evident.

"Please Kayla"

I paused, overcoming the sharp twinges of pain that made it difficult to start my sentence before letting out a croaked 'no'.

"Please Kay"

At his plea, I open the door walking out to meet him.

He quickly engulfs me in a hug allowing me to let out my emotions by crying. After some minutes, we pull apart I noticed his shirt wet with my tears.

"I'm sorry my tears got on your shirt."

"Hey it's fine, it's just a shirt. "

"Why are you crying?"

He questions.

"For some idiots who are laughing at a normal bodily function? Come on Kayla, clean your tears."

His statement brings a smile to my face.

"That's my girl."

His eyes slightly widen at his words, masking it quickly with a smile.

He taking a pad from his back pocket handing before urging me to go change while he waited.

Luca had always kept pads in his locker in case of an emergency for Lila and I. After getting changed I walk of the stall, washing my hands at the sink.

Taking off his hoodie, he hands it to me asking me to tie it around my waist to hide the stain.

"Thank you."

"It's nothing."

He responds with a smile ushering me out of the bathroom.

On arrival to class, Mr Schaeffer hands us detention slips for apparently leaving class without his permission, and turns out a girl who saw Luca and I hugging in the bathroom reported to him earning Luca two days instead of one.