Chapter 12

Things with the twins have gotten better, sure it has been awkward with the constant silence that hovers over us each time we are together.

As of this moment, we're walking into our last class for the day, Maths, we've been seating together again at lunch.

Fiona's been, you know Fiona, she has been the same since day one which makes me somewhat guilt for pushing her away.

Still, I can't bring myself to imagine the possiblity of losing my friendship over a curious new student who's probably gonna turn on me like the rest.

I'm having another session with Dr Sarah next week, to say the nerves are skyrocketing would be an understatement.  

There's a lot to talk about since our last session, so it'll be great but also scary.

Opening up is one if the things I'm still learning since I started seeing Dr Sarah and so far she's the only one I'm good with, everyone else seems too close.

I don't want them feeling like I need to be protected, sheltered, I just want them to be the same way they would be if I were one of their other friends.

I don't want to feel like a charity case or a burden, dad's words have made me feel that way enough I honestly don't need any more reminders.

I have been trying to talk them more, so they could feel how remorseful I was. 

"Kay, are you ok?"

Lila asks with concern evident in her tone.

"Yeah"

"You're sure?"

"Yeah"

After class we all end up driving home together, Luca's still not on talking terms with me so most of the times Lila's the one who carries our conversations now.

"Is Fiona coming over?"

Luca inquires.

"Yeah"

He doesn't utter one more word instead he drives off and soon the car's out of sight.

Within an hour of my arrival home, I find Fiona at the doorstep after inviting her in we sit in silence for some time before she breaks it asking,

"So, how are you doing?"

"I'm good."

"I'm sorry if I caused any issues between you and the twins."

"It's fine."

"Do you mind me asking though-"

"What?"

I cut in interrupting her statement feeling myself tense up at whatever question's coming my way.

"What do you think of me?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you're avoiding me why?"

I had trouble meeting her eyes."I simply need time to think, that's all."

"Kayla, I'm honestly trying to be your friend that's it. "

She explains in a calm tone.

"It's not so easy."

"Let's get to work?"

She suggests easing the tension that had been built.

"Yeah"

A couple of hours later, we're crashed on the couch bored out of my mind, mum's not coming home tonight so I decide to order a pizza which we can have together.