4- Sunday the 7th of May

₊‧°𐐪 tamera 𐑂°‧₊

Video Games- Lana Del Rey + Gorgeous- Taylor Swift

The door was unlocked to his hotel room. Way to freak me out. God, as a parent now, everyone and everything scares me, and I mean literally. Charles tried to scare me yesterday and I hit him square in the face. I walked in, the lights were all dimmed and just Lando's t-shirt and hat were laying around, everything was decently neat. "LAN? HELLO?" I exclaimed, walking around frantically.

I looked everywhere. First, the living space, bathrooms, laundry, and then the dreaded bedroom.  And that's when I found him- and it broke my heart to pieces. I saw him on the floor of his room, crying. My heart shattered, and I stopped, and he stopped too clearly because he looked at me, tears streaming down his eyes. 

"Mera, you actually... you actually came." He breathed out slowly, and he stretched out his hand, as if to bring me down with him. I sat down next to him in the dark, and he fell on to my stomach, crying his heart out, while I froze there, gently wrapping my hands around his torso.

"Lan... What happened?" I said, instantly regretting starting my sentence with- well, that.

"I'm not good enough."

The words slipped out of his mouth and a tear fell down my cheek too. He began to sob, his face smothered now in tears, and he played with my rings gently. Formula One was getting to his head. I remember when it first happened to Daniel, and the words he said crushed me too, because I know exactly how it feels.

It's all too much for little Lando Norris.

"You can always talk to me, Lan. You know we can talk the whole plane flight, just us, and I even brought spaghetti and salad for us to eat." She said warmly, and felt Lando shift upright.

"I'm not hungry." He says, leaning on the Ricciardo's shoulder now as he still plays with one particular orange ring. 

"Yes you are, you just raced." I said neutrally, taking off my ring for him to hold, but he put it back on my finger, and twisted it on my middle finger. For a few minutes, it was silent, him lying quietly in my arms, playing with that one ring, while I sat there, my head on his.

"And I'm not going to for much longer. I am so bad, Mera, you should have seen me. They're going to fire me, I'll go broke, everyone will ditch me and I'll be a disappointment."

"Lan, I was watching yours and Charles' onboards the whole time in the Uber, and you did great for what you could do. You're McLaren's golden boy, and we will sue the world if they get in the way of your dreams. Okay?" I said, smiling as much as I could so he could see me in the dark.

"Fine. I would love to see you yell in court though. You're much too nice, mate." He grinned and I rolled my eyes. There is no way he thinks I wouldn't yell at someone. Be for real. 

"We'll see about that." I smiled, and I saw a grin form on his face. Thank God he was feeling better.

"I'm going to fail, Mera, come on, be honest." He frowned again, and I hugged him tight. I felt so bad that he felt this way, and feeling like you aren't enough is not a good feeling.

"Lando! It's okay, deep breaths. Circle back, and I'll give you a minute to put a shirt on, and if you come out, they'll be some spaghetti and salad." I stood up quickly, wiping his tear on his cheek and walking outside swiftly.

"No salad!" He yelled from his room as I reached to his cutlery drawer. 

"No way. Death by nutritionist is not going on my gravestone!" I exclaimed back. It's true, Daniel's nutritionist once came at me with a fork when he told her he had a potato chip yesterday. You know, like a crisp? Yeah, that. Forks are dangerous, let's just say that.