12- Wednesday the 5th of July

Uptown Girl- Billy Joel, we can't be friends (wait for your love)- Ariana Grande + Put Your Records On- Corinne Bailey Rae

₊‧°𐐪 tamera 𐑂°‧₊

I like the way the sun shines through the kitchen window, like a monarch rising above their subjects. I like the way the coffee we made smells in this morning, like a gourmet drink freshly plucked from South America. I like the way the cups are, effortlessly flat to touch and shaped for convenience. I like the way his kitchen lights shine, bouncing off the walls against the minimal morning light. I like the way no one else is around yet, so we can whisper laugh and catch up like we never missed anything in between.

Everyone wanted to get in touch now that I was back on track.

The race was Sunday. I have meetings on Friday, Saturday and I cleared my schedule for the race to spend time with Leo. Daniel was taking care of my son while I was in meetings since he wasn't to test with RedBull until the Monday after the race.

Friday was two days away. I will meet with Charles and George each before the practices early in the morning, sprint to McLaren, then I'm going to dinner with George, Carmen, Alex, Lily and Lando.

On Saturday, I need to meet with RedBull for a couple of hours, to see Christian and Max's contract. After that, I pick up Leo from Geri and we go to watch Qualifying at McLaren after he watches Practice 3 at RedBull.

On Sunday, I'm filming with the Quadrant members who arrive Saturday night at the track along with Leo, and then we all go to any club Niran suggests after the race. We're filming for Quadrant, Lando's channel and my own.

It's a decently busy schedule, but I'm up for it.

---

He's looking at me right now while I'm looking at an email Christian's assistant sent me. Did he want something? Was I doing something rude? Was my hair skewiff?

"Hey, I got you some overnight oats from my plan if you want some." He poked it towards me, and I pulled the plastic over. He offered to pay for my food (essentially doubling his food plan for two people) while I was with him in Silverstone since we were staying at his place and his nutritionist complained to him about what he ate last time with me. "You should probably eat, Mer."

"Thanks. Did I get those grapes yesterday for Leo?" I questioned, finally looking up from the email that was sprawled over my phone to see him. He smiled at me, the feeling of it warming my body and I had the urge to just tell him everything I felt.

"You did, yeah. He's not up yet, though." He reassured, a soft, comforting smile growing on his face, showing his dimples.

"Right. Thank you." I nodded back. God, he would be a pretty good figure to Leonardo.

"No worries." He smiled at me, and wow, I was so lucky to have him in my life. "I'm going out to get a present for Leonardo, could you come with me?"

"It's what I do best. Where are we headed?" I took our containers swiftly and placed them in the sink for me to wash when we get back. '

"I'm not sure, since we're not in Monaco, or Bristol." He sighed. "We should have just gotten a BNB all those years ago."

"That's not right, dummy. This house is stunning, and everywhere is too expensive for anyone on Earth but you and your friends. Why don't we just Google Maps our way after I drop Leo with Danny and Blake?"

"Sure. Are we thinking like Zara, Louis Vuitton?" He said casually, and I stopped for a second. Lando wasn't one to point out how much money he had, but this was too much for my son.