14- Sunday the 9th of July

Night Changes, One Direction + Just the Way you Are- Bruno Mars

˙✮ lando ✮⋆˙

I held Leo's hand tightly in mine, the same I would do with Mila.

He was so important to me right now. I was walking him to my driver's room while the garage was prepping for the race, and therefore unsafe for a young child prone to distraction.

His little person in some of my merch was something I wasn't able to interact with often. Sure, the occasional millionaire's kid like I once was made the Instagram as a pure-hearted post, but a kid like Leonardo made the difference to me.

Taking his hand in mine, I asked. "Are you excited, Leo?"

"Yes, I'm so so so so excited. You're going to win and Max is going to lose this time, I know it!"

Oh, if only.

"Leo, you're a very sweet kid." I admitted, and he grinned so hard I don't think I've seen a smile like it. When I found out he admired me and I was his favourite driver, I think it made everything so much easier with her and her son.

"Thanks, Lando! You're the bestest ever!" He grinned and waved my arm around.

"I'm not. Your mum is the best, really."

I helped him up on to the massage bed, and he rested onto his back against the wall so he didn't fall forward. Thank God for that. He had a sketchpad in his arms while I began to stretch out my arms for the race.

"Lando?" He caught me off guard, his head quickly darting from his drawing.

"Yeah, bud?" 

"Your phone." Leonardo swiftly pointed to my lit up phone.

"Oh, thanks."

---

mera 🐟🍝:

on my way

lando:

hurry uppppppp

---

The race this evening felt different. Very different. I paced back and forward, my heels digging into the concrete, trying to avoid the journalists because I was taking care of Leo. We agreed on putting a playlist of Mera's on a speaker in my driver's room, so we could 'dance it out', apparently. I was stressed, and it was working.

Mera burst into the room, catching both of us in a temporary scare, but then Leo ran to his mother quickly and she bent down to hug him.

"Hey Mumma! Are you excited? We're listening to your music!" He then jumped up and down again, twirling around to One Direction.

She instantly noticed his off the beat spinning, then noticed the music, commenting, "I'm so excited, sweetheart. Nice job on the music, too."

"Hey, love." I leant into her for a hug and kissed her on the cheek. Leading her to a chair, I asked, "How was the meeting?"

"It was fine. George was fangirling at the start, I think media admin has it on video." She replied casually.

"Oh, of course. When's our next meeting?" I replied.

She smiled. "Race day in Belgium."

"Your birthday." I realised. I screwed it all up. If we were all staying together in Hungary, I'll have to ask her out for a date after we stay together. Or maybe we could just do two.