11- Monday 3rd of July

...Ready For It?- Taylor Swift + Unwritten- Natasha Bedingfield

---

˙✮ lando ✮⋆˙

"Hey."

"Lan, it's two in the morning."

Her voice woke me up a little, sounding a little creaky but happy. God, that made me feel guilty. I can't wait for Silverstone and Hungary now, seeing her face in the morning every day after I ask her out. Jeez, that feels weird to say.

"You know I like early mornings. Have you seen the results from Canada?"

"I've been really busy with a PR lawsuit. Did Max win?"

"Yes."

Of course Max won, but I wasn't going to be rude to her at two in the morning when she barely gets enough sleep from Leonardo and being the workaholic she is already.

"I should send another message then."

"You're close?"

"No, but I'm polite to Daniel's former teammates."

She's too nice, except when she works. Remind me to set another meeting with Zak, Andrea and Mera. 

"Makes sense."

"What happened." She breathed, with a little disappointment that made me disappointed.

"I got a five position penalty." I groaned.

"Unsportsmanlike?" She hummed.

"Exactly."

"Hold on, let me check it out."

"It's so unfair. I was trying to help."

"Oh."

"What?"

"Safety cars are important, Lan, you have to abide by the rules when everyone's safety is at play." Mera lectured all of a sudden, and I sighed.

Back into being my lawyer. Splendid. Well, hey, at least she cares. 

"You're siding with the FIA?"

"I don't know, it's 2am. I want to sleep."

"Sorry, Mer."

"It's okay."

"When are you coming, again?"

"Silverstone for your big race. I'm manifesting an excellent YouTube video from me, featuring you."

"Ah, titled Lando's Big Day feat. Lando Norris. That'd be so much fun."

It would be so much fun.

"Perfect."

"Would you stay with me?"

"I already said yes, stop worrying."

I was worried. She was right. What if everything goes wrong? What if she says no?

"Alright."

"Go do interviews, before the press makes anything up that I'll have to deal with."

"Aw, you're worried about my reputation."

"I'm worried about mine. I'm a grid slut, remember?"

She wasn't. She was the purest girl I'd ever met. And it'd be a struggle for me to date her if she thought so and everyone else thought so. 

"You're not a grid slut."