6- Wednesday the 17th of May

˙✮ lando ✮⋆˙

Fall in Love Alone- Stacey Ryan + 24/7- Celina Sharma + Daydreamin'- Ariana Grande

Today was the seventeenth of May, exactly thirteen days since I met Mera for the first time, well flirted with her for the first time. It'd be eleven since I met her. And man, she was cool. Right now, I think it is roughly two in the afternoon and I'm sitting on the couch with Max, who is looking through our comments after we had just released our latest Quadrant video. I was on Instagram, looking through some Quadrant fan reels, and another edit of Mera pops up on my feed and this time, it's straight off the video at Buckmore. She was wearing my hoodie, saluting and pushing me in the tank. It was hot... as a friend, I guess. 

"Lando, mate, you're not hiding this very well." Max came up from behind me with a glass of water in hand and a beige hat on.

"Hiding what?" I replied, clueless, but hiding my phone instantly, and looking away from him. Oops.

"Hiding the fact you were just watching an edit of your 'best friend', wearing your hoodie with your arm around her." Max smirked back, being a know it all, as per usual. Great.

"I was not." I defended myself quickly, shooting off his reply.

"I'm not blind, mate, just spill." He sits down next to me on the kitchen bench with his water and an annoying grin. 

"She doesn't like me back, so there's literally no point in telling you anything." I suddenly spat out, my mind flooding with thoughts about her. Her hair, her eyes, her smile, her laugh, her personality, LANDO STOP! This is your best friend, and you can't fall for her now. I watched Max closely, as he turned to me with a eyebrow raised and my stomach jolted. "So she does like me?"

"I'm not saying that. Where is the aussie anyways? I miss making fun of her accent." Max sighed, and her schedule popped into my head immediately. She was with Ria, shopping for Monaco because we were leaving tonight, and crashing early at my apartment. 

"With Ria, shopping, why?" I replied, eager to know why, and his immature ideas from previous occasions sprang into mind also.

"I was thinking we should have a little look around for any evidence if she likes you, just to help that little stubborn brain of yours." As soon as he said that, I was like, no. Not a good idea. At all, 100%, never, ever, should I ever do that. It is irresponsible and a complete disrespect for her privacy, and it seems completely irrational to do that- and Max is already in her room. Great. He sorted through clothes, a lot of Ricciardo and Leclerc merch (reminding myself to get her my stuff), let me take photos of her secret book stash, and finally, her journal thing?

"Max, why is this important?" I blurt out, with literally no knowledge of what this was. I didn't want to look at i- okay, I totally did but.... I can't. This isn't how I want to see it. 

"Because, mate, this stuff tells us a lot about her." He rudely broke me out of my trance by rolling his eyes and almost dropping the little white book. It had a thick spine with gold detailing of vines and the front had their names etched on in the same detailing. 

"Oh, and you're an expert when it comes to ladies?" I said back.

"More professional than you. This seems very self explanatory if you ask me." He tries explaining it to me for a solid five minutes on what a 'scrapbook' is, and used some very bad examples, which didn't help until he showed me what it looked like inside. The room was dimly lit, and decently clean so we sat on the floor and Max started looking through it.