13- Friday the 7th of July

Young and Beautiful- Lana Del Rey + supernatural- Ariana Grande

₊‧°𐐪 tamera 𐑂°‧₊

We're standing in the meeting room of Silverstone, all about to sit down in the middle of a heated argument. Ferrari polos line the chairs in front of me, Frederic Vasseur to my right at the head of the table, and Charles to my left.

Ferrari wants to do a campaign with an e-cig brand and Charles doesn't want to do it. 

"Tamera, pourquoi?" Frederic glances over to me. What does he mean 'why'? I'm speaking for the drivers, the drivers say no, what doesn't he understand?

"C'est drôle, Frederic-," I begin, and one of the Ferrari men stop me while I was trying to talk in French to Fred.

Apologetically, the guy straight ahead to me said, "Sorry, pardon me, but English?" He spoke quickly in a British accent. They were my favourite.

"I think it's funny. I'm trying to say that what you're doing doesn't make sense." I replied, asserting my opinion.

"Charles is very important to us. He should speak his opinion." He briefly glanced at Charles and I tilted my head.

"I'm his friend too. You should understand that trying to put him in some stupid campaign against his morals does not work. It is embarrassing and demoralising." I then looked to Charles on my own and he nodded at me slowly. I knew how uncomfortable this was for him and I feel really bad.

Trying their hardest, the next man, opposite and to my right said, "It's an e-cigarette campaign. Your friends at McLaren have sponsors who do the same thing."

Goddamnit Ferrari people. Some day when I'm in charge, there's not going to be any of this pulling strings and trying to be a step ahead. Lando will not distract me.

"Do they campaign with it? No, because they don't want to do it either. Charles will not do anything he doesn't want to do and over my dead body he will. You shouldn't be debating over his integrity."

"We hired you, Tamera." They tried to remind me. These Ferrari people that Fred most recently hired seemed to forget.

Charles gave me an appalled look. "I hired her. She defends me." He stood up to me in confidence.

Trying to convince him, the man on the far left said, "Your contract demands you to do this sort of thing, Charles." These people annoyed me.

"I will not do it, I'm sorry." He reconfirmed and looked at me with a new confidence spreading on his face.

"Charles, we owe the sponsors." Fred pressed, a little uncomfortable now. I wasn't sure what side he was on.

"Put them on the livery for a special event, do something else, just do not include the drivers."

 "Your brother did a campaign with Heineken." The middle one brought up. He might be my least favourite.

Clarifying the difference quickly, I angrily replied, "On a non-alcoholic drink that substitutes alcohol and reminds viewers to not drink and drive. It sounds a little different, don't you think?"

"Miss Ricciardo, calme-toi!" Fred looked at me with surprise, maybe even positive s

Trying to maintain composure, I say quickly, "Je suis calme, mais désolée, Mr. Vasseur."

"Frédéric, where do you stand?" Charles asks in question. None of us could really tell who he was more favourable towards.

"With Miss Ricciardo." He looked at me with a smile.