Chapter Eleven

DAY THREE OF BATTLE OF SHANGQUI.

⚜️⚜️

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

The next day, Klaus gently walks down the stairs and into the courtyard and sees Luna and Trinity sitting in the sofa chairs, drawing in their sketchbooks.

"Luna? Trinity? Did your mother already leave?" Klaus asked them.

"Yeah. She was pretty upset about something. She took an Uber to the warehouse dock." Luna told her Dad.

"You and Mom got into an argument, didn't you, Dad?" Trinity asked.

"Yeah, we did." Klaus told his youngest daughter. "I did something to hurt your mother, and I don't know if she's gonna be able to forgive me. She resents me."

"I'm sure that you and Mom will reconcile when she gets back home from the battle with the ShangQui." Trinity reassured her Dad with a small smile.

"I hope so, too." Klaus said. And looks at Christy's fleurs-de-lis necklace around Trinity's neck. "You're safekeeping your mother's necklace."

"Yeah. Until she gets back." Trinity said.

Klaus small smiles to himself and becomes worried as he remembers the last conversation he and Christy had before she left.

FlashBack

Last night, after stabbing Elijah with the Papa Tunde's Blade, Christy is slowly wandering around in the French Quarter.

"Christy?" Klaus said to her.

"I have nothing to say to you, Niklaus." Christy told her husband.

And Klaus vamp-speed in front of her. "I never meant to hurt you."

"Oh, really? Because you did, Niklaus." Christy told him, angrily. "We had a strong bond. A strong connection. And you broke it."

Klaus and Christy exchange glum looks at each other

"And now, I don't know if I'm gonna forgive you." Christy said to him. "I've been burned before whenever it comes to an old resurrected former girlfriend. Genevieve, Aurora, and now, Amaranth. As of right now, you lost my trust and any points that you try to make amends."

"Christy? I'm sorry." Klaus apologized with tears in his eyes.

"I know you are." Christy said, and walks away from him.

Reality

Klaus is sitting in the sofa chair, spaced out.

"Dad?" Luna said.