Chapter Fifteen

FRENCH QUARTER

The next day, Christy is taking a stroll around, eating on a paper wrapped cinnamon roll.

{Christy's Outfit}

"A cinnamon roll? Really?" Klaus said, slowly walks up beside her.

"I have a sweet tooth sometimes." Christy said to her husband with a small smile.

"Luna and Trinity are with Nikole at Camp Orasani. And so, I thought you and I could spend some time with each other after our reconciliation." Klaus said to her.

"I always love spending some time together, Klaus." Christy said to him.

Klaus and Christy exchange small smiles at each other and they stroll around the French Quarter together

⚜️⚜️

FRENCH QUARTER

Afterwards, Klaus and Christy are sitting at a table across from each other.

"So, what happened with Amaranth?" Klaus asked.

At the mention of Amaranth, Christy becomes gloomy. "She wanted to go back to her deceased loved ones, and so, I sent her back."

"Amaranth is deceased again." Klaus said.

"Yeah." Christy said, taking another bite of her beignet.

"Are you alright?" Klaus asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine." Christy reassured him, and gently leans back in her chair. "Amaranth didn't deserve to be resurrected and used by Persephone."

"No, she did not." Klaus agreed with Christy. And gently leans his arms folded on the table. "Is there more to The Nexus Realm? Because what I saw; Bioraptors? An abandoned house? A gray sky? Red lightning?"