9 | Save Him From The Ferret's Trap

"Hyung, what's with you and Jisung?" Minho asked the ginger head, who was biting his thumb nail.

"Nothing." Chan replied.

"Nothing, my ass. You and Jisung have been avoiding each other since the meeting with the principal! Now Jisung's hanging wih me - not that I don't like it, he's adorable, who wouldn't? But not that, just what the heck happened? Did you hurt him?"

"..I think I did."

_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠__⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

"Minho-hyung, can you help me open this?" Jisung asked the older as he gave him his soda can.

"Hehe, Jisungie, you're so cute~ you can't open this~?" Minho cooed at the boy as he took the can.
"Leave it to hyungie, okay?"

Minho opened the can and gave it to the younger who smiled brightly at Minho.
"Thank you, hyung!"

Minho kept on smiling like an idiot as the two, together with Chan, who suffered from staring at these two, walked to History class.

Both Jisung and Minho were attentive to the lesson. It was normal for Jisung for every class he's in, but Minho only ever listens to History, since it's his favorite subject.

Chan, however, didn't listen to a single word said. It's rather a surprise to other people that he managed to be an academic achiever, but it's understandable because he reads educational books at home.

His thoughts were flooded both with what happened between him and Jisung yesterday, and the fact that Jisung is avoiding him and sticking to Minho.

He wasn't really jealous.

I'm not.

No, I'm not jealous. Why would I be?

Yeah, he really isn't jealous.

~•~

Class ended and Chan didn't even notice the bell. He quickly stood up and took his things before he caught up with Minho and Jisung on their way to the cafeteria.

As the three had sat, Changbin walked up to them and sat down next to Jisung.

"Phew, class today was tiring." Changbin ranted.
"Who the heck would even agree to a 1000-word essay as homework? I'd rather do chores!"

"Shush now, Changbin. Just use some app to make you one." Minho assured.

"How am I gonna use that without the teacher finding out?!"

"You're alone on that one, buddy." Minho replied.

Changbin took a mouthful of his food and gobbled it up.
"Æih jwush hâī shóol (I just hate school)" Changbin blabbered.

"Changbin-hyung, don't talk while eating." Jisung spoke as he took a napkin and wiped the food on Changbin's cheek.

"Aww, look at Jisung, babying Changbin~" Minho cooed while Chan simply stared as he ate his food.

When Changbin met Chan's gaze, Changbin quickly averted his and looked at Jisung awkwardly.

"Hey Jisung, can you pass me a toothpick?"
Changbin asked the boy.

"Oh, sure." Jisung agreed, stretching his arms to reach the toothpick.
"Here," Jisung handed the toothpick to Changbin.

Changbin muttered a small 'thank you' before using the toothpick.

~•~

When they all had finished their food, they all stood up and left shortly after.

Jisung, however, excused himself as he needed to go to the bathroom.