20 | You Broke Your Promise

Under the shade of a lush tree, I sat in the green grass, holding a book to my chest with my little arms. Eyes glimmering as I immerse myself into my thoughts about the happenings of the book I read.

Perhaps it was best I was still like that throughout my whole life.

Carefree, happy, smiley,.. with my innocence still evident.

My life was better..

So, so..so much better.

When I was a child.

When I didn't know you, or any of you.

When I didn't hear of your existence.

When I never met you.

-------

"Hyung..?" I muttered, voice shivering at the sight in front of me.

Chan stood there, eyes widened and shaking.

Lia stood in front of him, smirking as she gazed my way.

"So..it was true?" I spoke, almost breaking myself into a fit of sarcastic laughter.

All of this, it was all too..funny. Me being a fool of all this 'play', being toyed with..

"J-jisung, thi- I-I can expla-" Chan stuttered. He was cut off by my sudden words.

"There's no need to explain anything, hyung." I said as I shot him a smile.
"Everything I needed to know..I already confirmed my suspicions." I spoke, though slightly disagreeing as I wouldn't call them 'suspicions'.

I lifted my hands and held the ring finger of my right hand, removing the flower ring Chan had given to me that had 'proved' his promise.

I turned around and went my way, running through the hallways, with no destination in mind.

I just needed to go to a place.

A place where I can break free from this.

Anywhere can do, just..away..

Away from him.

--------

I placed my palms to my kneecaps, panting as I struggled to catch my breath.

"There.." I mumbled as I stared at the door in front of me.

I lifted my left hand and turned the door knob, opening my eyes to the bright blue sky covered with clouds.

I entered the rooftop area, closing the door behind me as I continued my way to finding someone.

"Jisung?" A familiar voice asked behind me.

Slowly, I turned around to see the owner of the voice.

Seeing him, I hurried to him and pulled him in a needy embrace, drying my eyes of tears as I sobbed in his chest.

"Ngh..*sob*, F-felix...I- c-can I..h-have lun-lunch w-with y-you..?" I uttered, feeling a pair of warm hands soothing my back.