Jealous Training

When Wanderer woke up, he noticed that Nahida and Kite seemed closer than they were before he was knocked out. They were talking and Nahida was so invested she didn't notice he was up. He huffed in annoyance and decided to stay while observing her.

Her little smile, frown and laugh were things he found himself ingraining inside his mind. Almost like he never wanted to forget them.

He noticed the conversation was ending and decided to sit up. Nahida blinked as he got up and smiled in relief.

"You're awake."

Wanderer hummed and sat between them. Kite noticed he wasn't going to say anything else and decided to talk instead.

"While you were out, Nahida and I discussed your vision and her elemental powers."

Wasn't that a fun conversation he wasn't part of? Wanderer nodded and crossed his arms, not giving them another glance to find nature more important and interesting.

Kite glanced at Nahida who kept blinking at Wanderer as his behavior was new. She has seen him being dismissal before, or purposely ignoring anothers like the traveler. But what gave this sudden change?

"Wanderer, Kite believes there's a way for me to regain my elemental power."

That made him turn to them.

"... How?"

She looked down.

"It's not easy, since I gathered it from plants... Kite believes I can do the same with nen."

He could tell she was holding something back.

"And?"

"Nen isn't found on plants. Only people, so I would have to..."

She let him finish it.

"... Take the nen from others?"

Nahida nodded.

"Precisely."

Just like Wanderer, she had her work cut out for her. After that moment of rest, Kite stood up and crossed his arms before sending them to hell. Wanderer continued trying to make the wind barrier last longer, and he passed out each time. Waking up to see that Nahida, had made no progress at all.

Her clenched hands and lowered head told him how frustrated she was. Even Kite seemed troubled, he sighed and looked at the darkening sky.

"It's getting late, let's go back to the mansion. I'll show you your rooms."

Wanderer rubbed his head while standing up, overcoming some of the dizziness before squatting beside her. He tilted his head as Nahida kept her gaze downwards.

"Alright, what's wrong? Failed to do it? You always told me being frustrated and shutting down because of it was..."

He frowned.

"What was it...? A sign you're failling to deal with problems?"

Nahida huffed a small smile, finding herself nodding to his words.

"Yes, I've told you that."

"And what did you tell me to do?"

Nahida shaked her head with a smile, finally raising her head to look at him, but her eyes remained closed.

"To tackle the problem another way, or take a small break."

Wanderer nodded.

"Exactly, so come on. You haven't eaten yet."

Nahida smiled at the fact that Wanderer remembered that, especially since he doesn't feel hunger.

"I am starving."