Two.

Adalina scowled looking up at Max. He had once again won that weekend. She turned away from the podium and started back towards the Mercedes garage. A few microphones were stuck in her face. She waved them away—Toto's words still echoed in her head.

When Adalina got back into the garage, she looked around for Lewis. She was confused to not find him. One of the mechanics came over to her. She gave him a small smile.

"Tough race," she sighed.

"Definitely," he groaned.

"Where's Lewis?"

"Still in his car."

"Oh thank you."

He nodded and walked away. Adalina went over to the car. She can't believe that she hadn't noticed Lewis still there. She tapped on his helmet. A hand flipped up the visor, and their eyes locked.

"Hey," she gave him a sympathetic smile

"Hey," he muttered.

Lewis climbed out of the car. He yanked his helmet off. She held her arms out. Lewis immediately pulled her in for a hug. She sighed and rubbed his back.

"Fucking hell. That sucked. Eighth place."

"Sorry, Lewis."

There wasn't anything that Adalina could say that would make him feel better. He huffed. She kissed his forehead after he buried his face in her neck. His fingers gripped her waist hard. She just let him hold on to her.

"My room tonight?" He mumbled, squeezing her butt.

"Mhm," she hummed.

Adalina gently pat his cheek. He smiled and walked away. She watched Lewis for a second before moving through to find her godparents. Fortunately, Toto was easy to spot since he was so tall.

"Toto," she called weaving through all the people.

"Ada," he smiled and pulled her in for a hug, "did you stay for the podium?"

"No. I think I've seen Max on podium and heard the Dutch national anthem enough this season," she rolled her eyes.

"Be nice," he chuckled, patting her head.

"He's so annoying," Ada whined.

"I think someone has a little crush," Susie sang from behind.

"Me? Have a crush on Max? I think you need to visit a psychiatrist," Adalina scoffed.

Susie pinched her cheek, "denial."

"Please, if I was gonna date a driver, I'd date Lewis."

"Hell will freeze over TWICE before you date one of my drivers," Toto immediately protested.

"Why's that?"

"Business and family don't mix."

"Don't you and Susie work together?"

"Uh," Toto cleared his throat, "let's go back to the hotel and get ready for the dinner."

Adalina's nose flared in amusement. She nodded and followed them out of the garage. They walked towards their town car. The fans were waving and calling for them. They stopped along the way and signed autographs and took pictures. There was a roar from behind them. She looked over her shoulder and saw Lewis. He slowly made his way towards them, greeting the fans.

Once they made it to the car, Susie and Toto got in first. Lewis came around and helped Adalina get into the car. She picked her leg up and set it on the seat next to her. Lewis sat on her other side. Adalina leaned her head on his shoulder as the car started off towards their hotel.