Seven

Adalina sighed as she walked through the hotel lobby. It was yet another terrible race for them. Vegas was not a good race for them at all. Lewis finished seventh, and George was eighth. She knew that they and Toto were not at all happy.

"Lina!"

Adalina looked over her shoulder and saw Lewis hurrying after her. He looked handsome in his black suit. She smiled at him and waited for him to catch up. He made it over to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Adalina leaned her head on his chest.

"Hey."

"Care to join me for a nightcap or just sleep in my room?"

"I would love to, but Susie is actually coming over to my room to chat and watch movies. We haven't had much if any girl time lately," Ada gave an apologetic smile.

"Ahh no worries. I hope you two have a nice evening."

"Thanks, Lewis. You enjoy your night with Roscoe."

"I will," he chuckled as they got into the elevator together.

Their rooms were on the same floor, but on different sides of the hotel. They stood close to each other, not daring to touch in case someone got in the elevator. They got out together when the elevator dinged.

Adalina turned and hugged Lewis. He wrapped his arms around her tightly. They stayed hugging for a little while longer. Lewis squeezed her before letting go. His fingers brushed a few strands of hair away from her eyes.

"Have a good night, Lina."

"Thank you. You too. I love you."

"I love you too," he kissed her cheek.

They went their separate ways. She made her way to her suite. She opened the door, happy to be hit with the cold blast of air. She went to change out of the cocktail dress she wore for the dinner. Adalina put on some shorts and a tank top.

Right when she finished changing, there was a knock on the door. She went over and looked through the hole. Of course it was Susie. She opened the door with a grin.

"I have champagne!"

"Perfect," Adalina grinned.

Susie walked in, and Ada shut the door behind her. The two of them went into the living room area where she had set up movies. They plopped down on the sofa before Susie poured the champagne.

"So I know we said we were gonna watch movies, but I need some advice," Adalina leaned her head on her hand.

"I'm here for you. What's up?" Susie turned to face her.

"God," Adalina laughed, "I don't even know where to start. Or how to start."

"Just start talking."

"Okay. Oh God," she chewed her bottom lip. 

"You're making me nervous, Ada."

"I have a boyfriend," she breathed out.

"Really?! How long?"

"Almost a year and eight months."

"What the fuck?! You've had a boyfriend for almost two years and didn't fucking tell me?!" Susie's jaw dropped.

"Literally no one knows. Well, until recently."

"Okay. Okay. Tell me more. What's his name?" Susie's eyes were sparkling with curiosity as she took a drink of her champagne.

Adalina took a deep breath knowing everything was going to change, "Lewis Hamilton."

Susie spit the champagne out all over her and started coughing. Adalina began wiping her face with her hands. She was absolutely disgusted. She grabbed a couple tissues and began trying to clean herself up.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

"That was nasty as fuck, Susie."

"LEWIS HAMILTON AS IN THE MERCEDES F1 DRIVER LEWIS HAMILTON?!" Susie yelled.

"Yeah."

"Oh my fucking God. Toto is gonna fire that man so fast," Susie took a big drink of champagne.

"Don't say that!" Adalina whined.

"No wonder you haven't told anyone. What made you want to tell me now?"

"Angela caught us making out in Lewis' suite last weekend," Adalina groaned.

"Oh my God! How the fuck have you kept this a secret?"

"We're good at it," she shrugged.

"Okay. Start from the beginning."

"Honestly, it started as us just hooking up like two years ago. Then we realised that we wanted more, so we started dating. It hasn't been hard to hide."

"I literally cannot believe this. I'm rethinking every single time I've ever seen you two together now. I'm in actual shock."

"Why?"

"You two have just seemed so normal. Like I never would've thought anything was going on."

"Good. That means we've been doing it right. But the thing is, Lewis wants to tell. I'm scared to."

"And with good reason. Toto will lose is his damn mind."

"How do I tell Páte?"

"That you've been sneaking around behind his back with his prize driver?" Susie snorted and raised an eyebrow,"yeah, I don't know. Good luck with that, Adalina Marie."

"Susie! Please help!"

"You're just gonna have to rip the Band-Aid off, and be prepared for whatever reaction he has. He's going to be hurt for sure, but he loves you. You're his goddaughter. He wants you to be happy. Toto probably won't be thrilled at first that it's Lewis, but he will come around."

"I don't want to hurt him," Adalina sipped her champagne, "I feel like I'm letting him down."

"There's not much I can say to make it better, but if you'd like, I can be there for it."

"Thanks, Susie. I'll talk with Lewis more about it, and then let you know."

"Did you actually not find Marie earlier or did you just go find Lewis?" She looked at her with a cocked head.

"I didn't even look for Marie and George. Just went straight to Lewis' room."

"For fucks sake," Susie rubbed her face and poured more champagne, "it's like 3 am, and I'm going to finish this whole bottle."

"I see no problem as long as you don't spit it on me."