Five

Lewis' POV

Lewis watched as his Uber pulled to a stop in front of Lina's house. Everything in the yard was tidy and clean kept. He knew that Adalina loved to garden and take care of her yard. He wouldn't be surprised if she had hired people to help with her yard this year since she couldn't.

He got out of the car and thanked the driver while handing him a wad of cash. He walked up to the front door and pulled out his keys. Lewis opened the front door and walked in. He closed the door behind him and took his shoes off.

"Lina?"

"I'm upstairs!"

Lewis locked the door behind him and then walked over to the staircase. He began climbing up the stairs. He went over to the master bedroom. He looked around but didn't see his girlfriend. He went into the bathroom and saw her braiding her hair. Lewis smiled and walked in behind her.

His hands went to her hips while he buried his face in her neck. Lewis smiled and kissed her neck softly. He heard Lina sigh a little bit as she leaned back into his body.

"Hi," he murmured.

"Hello," she smiled.

"Hi. I missed you."

"You saw me two days ago!"

"And I can still miss you, love."

Lina giggled and tied the end of her braid. She turned around and ran her fingers over his cheek. Lewis smiled and turned his head so he could kiss her palm.

"How excited are you to get the stitches out?"

"Very. And I'm even more excited that I won't have to wear the wrap."

"I know. I hear you say it's itchy at least three times a day," he mused

"You making fun of me?"

"Of course not," he smirked and kissed her nose.

"Sure," she rolled her eyes, "I need to get dressed and then we can go."

"Okay. I'll be downstairs waiting."

"Thank you," she kissed him his lips quickly.

"Of course."

Lewis walked back down the stairs. He went over to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. He wondered into the family room. He turned the tv on, and the German news came on. Lewis crinkled his nose. He could understand bits and pieces of the language but not enough to watch the news. He changed the channel to the Champion's League coverage.

"Adalina! Ich bin hier, um Sie zum Arzt zu bringen!" A voice called from the front of the house. Lewis stood up. He recognised the voice to be Toto.

"Toto? Is that you, Páte?" Lina called.

"Yes!"

"Hey, Toto," Lewis walked into the living room area.

"Lewis? Hi. What are you doing here?"

"Lina invited me to her doctor appointment today," Lewis explained and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Ah," he nodded, "her mother called me concerned that she would be alone, so I came."

"Oh that's nice," he smiled.

Toto nodded and eyed him suspiciously. Lewis swallowed and tried to force himself to relax under the Austrian's stony stare. The stairs started to creak. He looked up and saw Lina coming down.

"Hi, Ada," Toto kissed her cheek when she got to the bottom of the stairs.

"Hi, Páte," she smiled and hugged him.