Fifteen

Lewis' POV

Lewis' left knee bounced up and down as he drove down the highway. He had been in England with his parents when he got the call that Adalina had passed out at the Wolfsburg training grounds. He immediately left for Germany. His mind was going about a million miles an hour. So many things could've gone wrong. Only a handful of people knew that Adalina was pregnant, and he hoped that their baby was okay.

The sign for the hospital came up, and he pulled off the exit. It was only a couple minutes until he was running into the hospital. He had a text from Adalina's father with the room number. He went to elevator and got in. He chewed on his lip. The doors opened, and he ran over to Adalina's room. He knocked on the door before walking in.

"Lewis," her father, Fabian, gave a small smile and stood up to greet him.

"Hey, Fabian. Thanks for calling me. How is Lina?"

"She's okay. She's sleeping right now."

"I knew that she had been sick. She said that the morning sickness was happening all the time, and she couldn't stop throwing up."

"That's what she had told us as well."

"She just passed out?"

"Yes. Adalina had been talking with Alexandra. Alex was trying to get her to sit down, and then Adalina passed out."

"Can I see her?"

"Of course."

Lewis squeezed Fabian's shoulder. Lina's mother, Irma, was sitting next to her bed. He gently laid a hand on her shoulder. Irma's head jerked up. She gave him a small smile and stood up. She gave him a big hug.

"Hey, Irma."

"Hi, Lewis. Thanks for coming."

"Of course. I wouldn't be anywhere else. How are you?"

"Just glad that Adalina is doing better."

"What are the doctors saying?"

"Bad morning sickness. She was dangerously dehydrated. They also asked about stress in her life that could be playing a part."

Lewis' jaw twitched. He knew that the fight with Toto was still weighing heavily on Lina. He hoped that didn't play a part in what happened, but he feared it probably did. He rubbed his face with his hand and sighed.

"And our baby?"

"Everything is perfectly fine," Irma smiled.

He let out a big puff of relief, "oh good."

"I'll let you have some time with her."

"Thanks, Irma," he leaned down and kissed her cheek.

Lewis walked over to the bed. Lina's eyes were closed. Her breathing seemed even. He looked over the monitors and was glad to see that things were steady. There was a second monitor for the baby's heart beat. He was glad that was steady as well. He gently wove their fingers together and leaned down to kiss her forehead. Lina's eyes softly fluttered open and connected with his.

"Hey, Lina."

"Lewis," she smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Lewis hugged her back carefully. He kissed the side of her head again and just held her. He gently buried his face in her hair. She was clutching on to him. He rubbed her back.

"I'm here. I got you."

"Thank you for coming, Lewis."

"Of course. I wouldn't be anywhere else."