Fourteen

"Adalina! ADALINA HURRY UP! We're gonna be late! No one cares if you're late, but my head will be on a platter!" Jule banged on the door.

Adalina let out a groan as she walked to the door. It took all her energy to throw the door open. Her best friend nearly fell into the house.

"You look like shit."

"Thanks. I feel it too," she groaned.

"Have you eaten yet today?"

"I tired. And then I threw up. I just got done throwing up again."

"Do you want to go to training?"

"Not really, but I know I need to go."

"Then let's go before I'm late."

Adalina nodded and grabbed her bag. She handed it to Jule and then walked out the door. She locked it behind her and then started towards Jule's car. She got in and buckled up. She closed her eyes and rested her head in her hand. 

As Jule drove, she felt herself getting sick. She just wanted to get to the training grounds. She sighed with relief when Jule pulled over. Adalina finally lifted her head up. Jule jumped out. She grabbed their bags and ran towards the doors.

"I'll drop your bag off with the physios! See you at lunch."

"Thanks, Jule."

Adalina began slowly walking towards the front doors. She scanned her badge on the podium, and the door swung open. She walked in and made her way towards the gyms where her physical therapists were. She stopped and wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. Ada's mouth went dry, and she felt lightheaded.

"Guten Morgen!" 

Adalina smiled at Alexandra Popp, her team captain, "guten morgen, Alex."

"You okay? You look like you don't feel good."

"I've been throwing up all night and morning."

"Scheiße! Let's get you sitting down." 

"Yeah. I don't feel too good," she muttered.

"Sit-"

Adalina barely heard what Alexandra was saying before she hit the ground.