Chapter 15

Nadia's pov

We got back to the Bunker with Eileen. Eileen still feels guilty for accidentally killing a Man of Letter member after Dagon disappeared with Kelly.

After Dagon snapped my father's neck, Kivon fixed his neck and disappeared. Dagon broke my arm, Sam had to wrap it up and I'm wearing a sling.

I went to check on Deanna and my mom. She's in her bassinet, sleeping with white noise playing.

However, I don't see my mom. Dean comes to our room. "Your mom's in your old room, sleeping," Dean said.

"Thanks for finding her," I said, smiling. "You're welcome. Is Deanna sleeping?" Dean whispered, smiling.

"She's asleep, sound asleep," I whispered, smiling. Dean looks at Deanna, smiling.

Deanna turns over as she sleeps. "She rolled over," he whispers, chuckling.

"Our sweet girl's getting big," I whispered. "Pretty soon, she'll be a big girl," he said.

"She'll grow up before our eyes if we blink," I said. Dean nodded, chuckling.

"This job we do. I don't want Deanna to grow up to be a Hunter like us," he said. "You don't?" I asked, looking at him.

He shook his head no. "I don't want her to get hurt or worse get killed," he said.

"I don't want her either. After what happened to Claire being attacked by a werewolf, I don't want something like that to happen to Deanna," I said.

Dean nodded. "I agree. I don't want that happening to Deanna either," he said.

"I think she needs to go back and live with my mom," I said. "Are you sure?" he asked.

"I'm sure. I want her to be safe. My mom has every warding everywhere in her house in Jacksonville," I said.
Dean nodded.

"Once this world is protected and safe, we can bring her home," he said, rubbing my back. I nodded, agreeing with him.

"We had a long night tonight. I think we should get some sleep," he said.

Next Morning

I woke up, making coffee. I yawned. "Morning, baby," my mom said.

"Morning, Mom. How did you sleep?" I asked. "I slept well. The beds here are comfortable," she said.

"Oh they are," I said. My mom looked at my arm in the sling.

"What happened to your arm?" she asked. "Long story, Mom. Dean and I talked about something last night," I said.

"What's up?" she asked. My mom and I sat down at the table. "Even though we got Lucifer back in his cage. After we saw what happened to Claire Novak," I said.

"Castiel's vessel's daughter?" she asked. "Yeah, she got attacked by a werewolf in front of Sam and we saved her and cured her. It made us realize that this could possibly happen to Deanna if she ever followed in mine, Dean and Sam's footsteps," I said.

"You and Dean don't want her to grow up in the business?" she asked. I shook my head.

"No. Dean and I want Deanna to live with you," I said.

"If you and Dean want me to take Deanna back to Florida with me to keep her safe, I can do that. My house is warded from demons, angels, succubus/incubus in the world," she said.

"All we want is to keep Deanna safe. We do not want her to become a Hunter when she grows up," I told her.

"I understand. It's your motherly instinct. One day you and Dean might not be alive by the time Deanna's eighteen years old and you two can't control her," she said.