Episode 26

Jaipur

​​​​​​​India

His rage knew no limits. However, he suppressed the urge to finish off the wriggling man on floor this instant. Subconsciously he pulled Bhavani closer to himself while his teeth gritted at the barely conscious culprit he had knocked out.

Nishant Solanki would be tended later.

With a jutting of chin at scene, he ordered his most trusted man to take care of the mess and locate him to the base without raising suspicions. Kabir awkwardly stood outside the room, tense at the presence of his eerie reflection, his twin.

He had no time to entertain the family drama ongoing between them. Refixing pants and draped blue coat over his bug, he embraced him by scooping him up, bridal style in his arms. Guiding a shocked and disassociated person to walk would be useless anyway. Bhavani was shaking despite the protective hold on him.

Dark blue eyes conveyed the message while he exited the place, a hand raised to black ear piece and murmuring to himself.

"Prince I—"

"Later Kabir," He ordered over his shoulder.

They exited the dimly lit hallway using the back entrance to avoid unnecessary attention. He rounded to the passenger seat of his suv and gently lowered Bhavani. Stream of tears glided down from hollow eyes, meek and silent as ever. It clenched his lungs as he removed his dark tie and threw it in before slamming the door in fury. He plopped down in the driving seat and drove away.

He was eternally grateful for Jaipur to not be as much of a traffic mayhem, as Mumbai was. His taut back and clenched hands around the steering wheel tightened when the horrific scene replayed before him. His gaze occasionally diverted to the still man.

Bhavani was trembling ever so slightly as he stared at his clutched hands in lap. His breathing came out shaky. When the coat rode down, exposing his teared up black shirt around shoulder, the sight of repulsing hickey on his exposed collarbone, he knew how barbaric he was going to be.

Nishant had to suffer accordingly for the offence he had dared to commit.

Perhaps Rudra would be explaining things to his father tomorrow. The reason why his associate's son was shredded to literal pieces and its barely alive consciousness fed to dogs?

He didn't care.

They drove on the deserted road, territory of his estate beginning.

A part of him wanted to chide the rebellious guy for his recklessness. He had wrapped up the meeting as soon as he could. Couldn't Bhavani had waited for some more?

However...now after assessing the damage, it was clear how the vulnerable man needed his understanding more than his logical berating. Rudra had done enough damage by fuelling the misunderstandings between them. Halting the car, his eyes softened. "Bhavani?"

No response. The frightened form closed in more.

He exhaled through his nose. "One last time," He murmured seriously. "If you can hear me. Respond."

Silence.

The very second he smacked his face. Sullen cheek whipped to the side, a hand tentatively raised to touch the red skin. Brown eyes tears welled and a choked sob escaped.

Finally.

Bhavani lunged at him, hitting on his shoulder. "H-how ca-n you?! Why did you hit me?!!"