Episode 27

Jaipur

India

The aristocratic and political flavour was buzzing in the grand hall. It had an imperial touch as one could conclude from blue bloods attending the party. They had a peculiar way of presenting themselves and maintaining composure. Older royals were majestic while the younger ones were self possessed. However businessman and politically active members were engaged in meaningful conversations.

Bhavani sighed and sipped on lemonade despite ten in night. Rathores were performing the last rituals of festivity in the temple. It would be summed up anytime as he estimated.

"Sup," Kabir, in a dark suit, slid onto the chair beside him at a side table.

It was decorated with many delicacies. Bhavani had ordered a fish for himself, chicken followed it soon. Even though Rathores were vegetarian, especially Rudra yet they were cooperative enough to include the non vegeterian cuisine.

"Did the hitler murder you or what?" Bhavani questioned, amused. Living with Abhinav had made him accustomed to the nicknames like General Dyer, Adolf Hitler or dictator for Rudra. It was a code name in their group of close acquaintances.

Kabir glared. "Laugh all you want," He muttered, rolling his eyes and beginning to serve himself chicken tikka. "You know royals of Tanjore love chicken?"

He frowned. "No." His vision swept over dignified personalities ignoring their insignificant presence altogether. "Why do create a political scene out of this? Isn't the closure of festivity meant to be like...more intimate?" He shrugged, chin tucked in to emphasise his curiosity.

Kabir looked around and scraped his food with a fork. "You don't wanna know how cunning my boss can be. There's not a single opportunity Thakur would give up for establishing connections."

Realisation dawned on him. "Ah."

Kabir nodded. "This day off is his way of shooing me away. Anyways," He looked up. Something was off in his demeanour. His vision was more fleeting than usual. "He doesn't like you at all. I'm surprised how kunwar sa is handling it all." He had an edge to his tone. Inquisitive eyes met his. "So you and him. What's the story?"

His eyes widened before he cleared his throat. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Kabir hummed and chewed his food however he didn't look exactly convinced. He gulped it down. "You're gonna be surprised at the announcement in an hour or so."

He leaned back. "Let me guess, Abhinav and Ira?"

Kabir gave him a stink eye. "Damn it. You notice stuff. That's unfair. How am I supposed to maintain my TRP?"

He shrugged, smiling idly. "I was bored...wanted to engage my brain cells." He leaned forward, an elbow over knee. "I observed something else too, like you've some issues going on."

Kabir squinted. "What if I say no?"

He pursed his lips. "Then I'd say how I noticed your twin you never introduced me to. Imagine my surprise, when kunwar Prithvi had to explain me why I was hallucinating you in blue eyes." His lips quirked up in an annoying smile never reaching his eyes until it fell.

Kabir clenched his fists, evading an eye contact. He chewed and gulped his food for some more. Clanks and clicks sounded over undercurrent conversations and phone calls before he put away the empty plate. "We don't get along," He murmured darkly.