Chapter 5

dedicated to EccentricStudios

~^°^~

They had been walking for some time until they finally reached their horses.

Aries was still awake, but he could feel his exhaustion catching up to him. He was struggling to fight the urge to fall asleep, and he wouldn't let his guard down.

Eventually, the sleeping urge he had won, and he found himself drifting off.

~°~

Aries woke up as soon as he came into contact with the cold floor of the cell. He looked up, his vision a bit blurred, and made out five male figures in front of him.

"Look who finally woke up," Cyrus, the group's leader, said as he saw the boy stir. He was a tall man with a copper skin tone, long purple locks, and brown eyes.

"Boss, he's pretty good-looking. It's a shame we have to kill him. He would have grown up to be a dashing young man," one of the men commented without any hint of remorse.

"Did we get the pay yet?" Cyrus asked, directing the question to one of his men.

"Yes sir, in full amount," a blonde-haired man answered.

" Well then, we could just double the amount by selling him as a slave. Besides, a lot of the women prefer younger boys, " Cyrus suggested, a sly smile pasted on his lips.

Aries felt discussed by the idea.

How vile.

" Allan get the rope. We'll fetch a good price on the black market. He's a beauty, " Cyrus says reaching out to hold Aries' cheek but the former roughly pulls away.

" We've got a feisty one, " Cyrus said with a slight laugh.

Aries was angry. Not at them entirely but also at himself, he couldn't fight them off with his 5-year-old body.

He then wondered if his mana from his past life had completely been destroyed during his transmigration. There was only one way to find out.

He took in a deep breath and then exhaled. Closing his eyes, he started roaming Damon's energy field. He had to hurry.

" I got the rope sir," Allan walked with the rope in hand and then turned to look at the boy. His expression turned to that of confusion, " Is he asleep?" He then asked.

"He's probably reciting prayers to his God for survival," Cyrus said scoffing.

" Do those things even exist?" Allan asked a bit perplexed.

He had grown up within the gang, not having any religious beliefs at all.

Got you!

Aries internally remarked when he found a remnant of his energy. He tapped into it and felt a familiar wave taking over, feeding off Damon's energy and his quickly multiplying.

He stood up and stared at the five men who stared back dazed slightly.

Aries took his fighting stance and then faced the five opponents, he only needed one to get information from. The rest were the Walking Dead.

He spread his mana all around the room blinding them.

He took out a small dagger he had kept in his coat. His demeanor quickly changed to a deadly one. His killing intent was as high as every other time he had to kill anyone.

He stabbed the closest one in the shin, then harshly pulled the dagger out. The man let out a shriek and then fell to the ground.

Aries took the chance to stab his neck, aiming for the Carotid artery.