Chapter 18

Dedicated to CassieSilva9

~^°^~

Was this? Daillia Forelle. The blossom of Foresiá and the Female lead of the novel Three Hearts.

She held onto her dress firmly in nervousness before speaking out.

"Would... Would you please dance with me?" Damon was taken aback. The female lead, Daillia Forelle, was asking him to dance.

"Why would you want that?" He asked, finding it hard to believe she didn't have ulterior motives.

She grasped her dress tighter, "Because... Because those girls... They wouldn't stop bothering me and said if I danced with you they'd leave me alone. So please dance with me!" The amount of resolve she had was nearly amusing. Damon could see what was going on. She didn't know who he was and these girls had wanted to embarrass her by him rejecting the request. They were sure about the rumors they heard about him. And that, made him pissed. They knew Lucan wouldn't hurt them, or so they thought. That guy had way too big of a sister complex. He'd probably bring their family to ruin. Damon would leave that to him but for now, he hoped all those waltzing lessons Thalia forced him to take had stuck.

"I don't see why not," Damon said with a smile, reaching his hand out for her to hold. He led her to the dance floor where a few people were already dancing. They got on the dance floor, Damon offered her a bow and she bobbed a slight curtsey to him before they started. He placed his left hand on her waist making sure she was comfortable. "You okay?" He asked and she nodded. They started dancing and moved in sync with the music.

"You have your brother's eyes," Damon decided to spark a conversation and Lucan was the first thing that came to mind.

"I get that a lot," she said laughing.

They talked about small stuff, just trying to ease the air and make it a bit more familiar.

"Look at that," Lucan diverts Lucas' attention from his self-reflection to the ballroom.

"They are getting along quite well," Lucas says with a smile.

"I'm glad. She finally has a friend around her age and so does Grumpy over there, " Lucan said with equal enthusiasm.

The two finally finished dancing and walked back into the crowd. Damon parted ways with her and headed for the exit.

He was getting weaker. He knew he would have to suffer the consequences of going against that spell. The hallway and the path were getting blurry. No, he refused to fall here.

Not here. No. Hold on just a bit longer. I just have to get to Sylvia and Thalia.

"Ma ..." He suddenly breaks into a dry cough and quickly covers his mouth. He felt a sharp pain in his gut. It was time for the reaction force to hit him. He felt a warm liquid climb up his throat to his mouth. At first, he thought it was vomit before seeing the red sickening color of blood.

You have got to be fucking with me.

It went blank.

~°~

Lucan watched as they danced intently. He studied Damon's movements. They were swift and graceful like the assassin he was. He suddenly remembered the night when Damon pointed a sword at him. He did it on purpose, he let himself be spotted, just to confirm the vanilla, rose and jasmine scent wasn't just a coincidence. He also remembers the encounter they had in his manor. Both these meetings were vital to finding out if the two were the same person. Even though humans or any other creature except a vampire could sense him, it didn't stop him from sensing them. He didn't use mana or energy directly produced and stored in his body, he instead absorbed it from his surroundings. Hence he blended with the mana around him perfectly. It was more complicated than that but who cared? The point is he liked the expression Damon had every time he'd sneak up on him. That night at the auction, he had marked Damon's mana with a spell using his kind of magic so that he wasn't able to sense it, and sure enough it was there when they met again in their normal form. Hence confirming his suspicions.