Chapter 8

Dedicated to MaddiLikesLemmons

~^°^~

Thalia paused while folding a white shirt and let out an exhausted sigh. She looked over at the brown haired girl who looked like she was about to cry. Her heart slightly ached seeing her partner that sad, but her outer expression remained aloof.

"Why are you making that face?" She couldn't take it anymore.

Sylvia turned towards the blonde, her hazel eyes slightly teary.

"How can I not!" She was nearly shouting.

Thalia flinched. This was the first time seeing Sylvia this agitated and worried. It made her heart ache.

"I'm sure he'll be okay, he's simply taking a...," the word 'trip' was stuck in her throat when she heard a whimper. She turned to the younger girl and saw the tears slowly cascade down her slightly pink cheeks.

"Tha... Thalia, he's not okay. After that nightmare he hasn't been talking to anyone, he's hardly left his room and now he's going to Gereat for a spiritual awakening in the mountain. Does... Does he really want to avoid us? Did I do something wrong? I promised to protect him... But now.... Now," she was a mess, trying and failing to keep her tears at bay.

Thalia frowned at the sight but a part of her felt like teasing her. She looked so childish right now. She reached out and wiped her moist cheeks. Her hands caressed the other's cheeks with both hands. She leaned forward and connected their foreheads trying to calm her down. She subconsciously let out a chuckle and smiled slightly.

"Hey!... Why are you laughing?" Sylvia asked pulling away pouting.

Thalia lightly laughed once more, "You're such a cry baby,"

"Wha... What! Do you have a problem with it?" Sylvia retorted folding her arms. Thalia pushed back another chuckle.

'No, you're quite cute actually,'

"Well, you said you'd protect Damon and now you're crying like a child," Thalia casually states.

"You...!" Sylvia was now getting pissed. Why did this blonde have to call her out. She wasn't a strong knight or anything. She was a simple girl from the lesser known villages. She would gladly put her life on the line for Damon. She promised the late Mrs she would and she promised Damon she would.

She wiped her cheeks which weren't that tear soaked because of Thalia and took deep breaths calming herself down completely. She had to be strong. Thalia smiled slightly, her blue eyes sparkling with satisfaction.

So cute

"Don't worry he's going to the Gereat mountains to increase his stamina and energy level because of the other young master's ceremony. The Duchess invited him to embarrass him since he has has no tutors to help in his training, "Thalia added calmly.

Sylvia's brows knitted at mention of that witch." Our young master has his mother's blood so obviously he's strong, " Sylvia added heartily. The memory of the Duke's late concubine coming to mind and her eyes glittering.

" But he also needs to cultivate those attributes. The Gereat mountains has mana strengthening attributes,it would be better to train there. We need to keep the manor safe so we can't go with him. He's not a normal child, he's born by two of the strongest people in the continent. If you're still so worried you should know, his mother's fox spirit will look after him, "

" Wait does that mean you're going to... "

" Yes. I don't know why, but my gut tells me he's grown up so much in the past 4 years. He's more than ready."