chapter 9 - fear of death

**VICTORIA **

It's been about a week since my arm was hurt and I'm healing quite well. However it's also annoying how Lorenzo hasn't allowed me to step out of the house saying I'm not fully healed and could pass out any time.

But I honestly feel that this could happen if remain in this house a second longer.

"Yes , pancakes and blueberries. " Said Irvine as our food was being served to us while we sat at the breakfast table.

" Mrs Rivera , please do have your breakfast. Capo made it clear that you should eat" said Marilyn.

I just nodded hoping she'd just go away and let me be.

"Vicky , are you okay?" Asked Irvine when he saw me just looking at my food with no intention of touching it.

"Whats wrong ? Everything is wrong" I told him.

"You know he won't even let me outside the house. What is that? That's total bullshit. I just want a change of scenery am I asking for too much ?" I asked Irvine.

"Last time I felt suffocated was when Tony was trying to get me to go on that date with him. But that was worse thou. He looked like he was about to rape me. If you hadn't come in time , I'd be in one of those reality shows we're they talk about how it happened." I said and Irvine just shook his head before he continued with his breakfast.

"Wait , what if I end up like Charlotte ?"

"Which Charlotte ?" He asked with confusion written all over his face.

"You know when the king had to go away from her because of his madness."

" The Capo isn't mad , Victoria " he said and drank some of his apple juice.

"Irvine let's sneak out. Just this once " I said to him.

"And your arm ? who is going to explain that to your husband when you get hurt accidentally somewhere?"

I just rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm going inside. You're boring today. If you need me in the cinema room." I said to him before making my way to the cinema room while surfing through my brain for a movie to watch there.

"You don't have to worry. Lorenzo will marry you. He doesn't even love that girl. He is just out of his mind but I promise he's yours."

What ! Who is Lorenzo's mother talking to ?

"Why did he leave me in the first place. He left the day we were supposed to announce our engagement to my parents and the next I hear of his life he's married. How's that even possible ?" said another voice.

"Listen to me now Leanna , Lorenzo married her because he had no other choice. If it was possible we would've killed her but that can't happen. So he'll stay with her for a bit then divorce her. It's just a matter of 3 months." She said to the girl I'm pretty sure it's Leanna.

"I really hope so. Lorenzo and I love each other dearly. No other person should come between us especially her." She said with so much anger.

I quickly walked away from their conversation and made my way back to my room.

I took two sleeping pills and slept off whatever I've just heard down stairs. Hopefully by the time I wake up none of this will seem too real.
******************

"Herman we have 3 beautiful kids together. How can you bring another woman into our lives. What do you want me to do. I left everything for you. I followed you blindly. Why would you do this to me ?" Cried my mother as dad just kept on holding on to the other woman who'd paved her way into our lives.

She was pregnant there was no denying that. She actually looked like she was due anytime.

"Miriam I don't expect this drama for you. I told you before we married that the day you give birth to a daughter that'll be the end of your time with me." Said my father and he looked at my mother with hate evident in his brown orbs.

"I even had the sympathy to let you stay here for 16 more years. What more do you expect from me. I'm done , so now stand up pack your bags and take your filthy daughter and get out of my house" he said not even looking at her.

Mom stood up quickly and dashed towards dad. I wasn't sure what she intended to do but it was bad.

Dad immediately pushed her with so much force she fell back and hit her head badly on the ground causing it a crack up and bleed.

I remember dad looking at the sight like it was absolutely nothing.

"Now you listen child. Your mother is gone and so should you" he said and grabbed my arms roughly dragging me towards the exit.

"I will not have a daughter and that is final" he said and closed the door to my face.

********************
I wake up with my shirt drenched in sweat.

I've never dreamt of the way my mother had died before. My dad killed her because he'd brought another woman home.

Is that also going to happen to me?

"Victoria " I heard his voice call out to me.

"Victoria where are you?" He called again and I could here multiple people call out to me.

I quickly hid in the closet and closed the door behind me.

"Victoria" this time his voice came from my room.

"Are you in here Victoria?" He called again.

I hugged my legs and hid my head further between my legs.

"Victoria" he called while opening the closet.

"Vic- goddammit Victoria what are you even doing in here?" He said with such a harsh tone I flinched at his words.

He came to were I sat trying to hide from him.

"Victoria" he said and I could control it anymore.

Many things could kill me right now in this closet. My belts , he could literally choke me with that. My shoes, he could take a six inch heel and break my skull with it.

I let out a sob and that's all it took for me to be full on crying.

"Alicìa what's wrong?" He said and my body stiffened. "Hey" he said with his hands on my shoulders.

He's gonna choke me isn't he ?

"P-please don't k-k-kill me " I managed to say

"Huh? Victoria its me. Its Lorenzo." He said to me but I was scared. I was just about to be killed for the sake of another woman.

"I-I'll leave the house. I won't come back I promise. I won't even mention our wedding to anyone. Please I promise I won't tell anyone , just don't kill me" I begged him.

"Why would I want to kill you , Victoria ?" He asked me.

"Because of the other woman you have in your life. I promise Lorenzo , you two can be together. I'll willingly even sign the divorce papers but please just please don't kill me" I begged with my head hung low.

"Victoria? What is this?"

My terror had gotten the best of me.

I was so scared of death to a point I couldn't see clearly anymore. I just was too traumatised to even listen to anyone.