Chapter 39 : secretive wife

***LORENZO***

I closed my eyes and exhaled as I let the water from the shower clean me up. My mother was all alone because of him. And in a way he killed her mother too but she's so calm and composed about everything because she doesn't blame him. She blames herself about it.

But I'll make sure he'll pay for every little thing he's done to her. For lying , ditching her and then taking me away from her. He'll pay a heavy price for all of it.

Mom and I talked mostly about the few memories of me she was able to capture. She showed me her photo album of when she was still young up till now till. Her dad passed away when she was 19 but still she was just grateful for the time she spent with him regardless.

I had to go back home around 8 pm but I promised her I'd be back the same day next week. I didn't want to frequent my visits with her because that would also leave her open to incoming threats.

That's exactly why I left 20 guards to protect her without her knowing.

After I put on fresh set of clothes I made my way downstairs only to find Alicia lost in thought again like before.

I just let her be for now because she was definetly going to lie to me and say something stupid like she didn't know which ice cream flavour to choose from.

I went to the fridge and picked out two of her favourites and made my way back to her.

"So how did it go?" She asked me taking the whole ice cream tub not giving me the chance to put it in a bowl for her.

"It was not so bad actually. Everything went well" I said sitting down next to her.

"It went so well you even shot someone" she said enjoying her ice cream.

"He misbehaved with my mom"

"And I totally understand that but for a first impression you ruined it" she said again and i just chuckled.

"I'm never really good at first impressions really" I told her and she nodded.

"That's true actually"

"You were supposed to object to that Mrs Rivera"

"I only speak the truth and nothing but the truth."

"And which truth is that?"

"The fact that you , my husband, Lorenzo Josiah Rivera is actually the worst at first impressions " she said with the biggest smile ever. "I mean do you still remember the first time we met. You pra-" but I cut her off.

"That wasn't the first time we met Alicìa " I told and she did that cute little frown.

" Hey , it wasn't that long it's 10months ago. At that funeral you came in -" but I shook my head.

"No amor, that's not the first time I saw you." I told her.

She remained quiet for sometime before she gasped and then covered her mouth.

"YOU'VE BEEN STALKING ME" she said getting up and standing up on the couch.

"Oh my goodness. I knew for sure someone was always watching me. It was you" she said pointing at me still standing on the couch.

"Alicìa don't be dramatic." I said pulling her down then making her sit on my lap facing me.

"So you expect me to act cool and stuff when you stalked me my whole life. What a breach of privacy" she said before trying to reach out to get her ice cream but I took before she could.

"The first time I saw you was when I was at your father's place with my dad for a business meeting. I'm guessing you were around sixteen or seventeen, somewhere there" I told her.

"You mean back then. I'm like 35 now " she said flipping her hair.

"You're 23 and you still behave like a baby. How the hell am I gonna put a baby in you then ?"

She froze while looking at me and her cheeks began turning a light shade of pink.

"Huh" was the only sound that came out of her mouth.

"You heard me " I told her and she nodded and began pointing at the door.

"I also heard Marilyn calling me." She said getting of my lap and rushing out the door.

I just chuckled and began putting away the ice cream because there's no way she was gonna come back in here after what I'd just told her.

It's true however. I'm ready for her and I to start a family but not exactly now. With everything going on from Abramo to his wife to my mom and my half brother. I wouldn't want to put Alicia's and the baby's life at risk. Not a chance.

"Capo " said a voice from behind me.

I turned to see one of my men standing there.

"Yes?"

"Donna had asked me not to inform you about this but its necessary I do tell you" he told me and that got me out of my comfort zone.

"Whats wrong?"

"About an hour or so ago she also tripped off the stairs. She was feeling dizzy and it looked like she was having those terrible migranes. When I asked her about it she just mentioned that she hadn't taken her medicine." He explained to me.

"Thank you , I'll go check on her now" I said to him and he nodded before he got back to his shift and I went to find my secretive wife.

I went straight to our room but I found noone there. Not in the closet , bathroom nor bedroom.

"Have you seen Alicìa ?" I asked one of the guards who was on patrol inside the house.

"Last I saw of her she was going into Ms Marilyn's room" he answered and I nodded before going there.

I knocked on the door several times before a sleepy Marilyn answered.

"Alicìa , where is she ?" I asked her but she looked at me confused.

"What do you mean , it's way in past midnight. She should be sleeping right now" she answered confused.

"Marilyn a guard saw her coming this way." I told but she just shook her head.

"She must've changed her mind and went somewhere , let's go check in Irvine's room." She said closing the door behind her and we started advancing towards his room. .

"Irvine " she called out whilst knocking against the door.

"Irvine wake up " she said again.

The door opened and Irvine was standing there looking the exact same way Marilyn looked when I went to her.

"Is everything okay?" He asked when he saw our worried faces.

"Alicia ? " I asked him feeling my heart rate increasing.

"No , Capo she's not in here" and as soon as he answered that there was a loud screeching of tyres coming from outside.

Getting to the nearest window I saw a car speeding out of the estate.

No !