Chapter 47 : missed

***3rd PERSON ***

( Still in flashback)

Alicìa  walked into the room where a nurse was located monitoring any slight changes in Samantha.

She was hooked to a tube that was transferring blood into her body. There was also an oxygen mask to support her breathing.

Alicìa  went and sat at the stoll by her bed and held onto Samantha's  soft hand.

"Hey mommy " she whispered to her and gave out a small smile. "You did it. Noah and Summer  are finally here." She said to her.

"But I haven't gone to see them yet , I want you to be the first to see your beautiful  creation. " She said  to Samantha.

There really wasn't anything much she could have said to her. What could she.

She sat in silence while she looked at her closely.

"You know she's lucky to have someone like you by her  side" said the nurse that was in the room with her.

Alicìa  just smiled at her before she looked back at Samantha  and a wide smile captured her face.

"You're awake."   Said Alicìa and she turned to the nurse but Samantha  held tightly onto her hand.

Alicìa  turned  back again to look  at her with confused look on her face.

Samantha  proceeded to take off her oxygen mask and looked Alicìa  before she gave her a weak smile.

"I'm n-not here t-to stay" she said in short breaths.

"Samantha  don't-" but Alicìa  was cut off by Samantha  shaking her head slowly.

"I've come to terms with it too. I don't have much time" she said to her  and Alicia's chest tightened.

"P-please , Noah and S-summer can not go back to their father. H-h-hes brutal. He won't raise them properly" she said to her. "P-please  Alicìa  take care of them." Said Samantha as another nurse came in with the documents.

"Ma'am  , Ms Samantha  had asked us to prepare the document. She wants to make you the mother of her children. She's already signed and put a thumb print on it as well. She just needs   you to sign these." Explained  the nurse showing  the documents to her.

"S-Samantha-" she said turning back to her but it was too late.

She was gone.  She was now lifeless.

Alicìa  was so overwhelmed with new emotions inside of her that she couldn't explain.

Her eyes were filled with tears , she was confused  , her heart was beating a thousand time faster , breathing became hard,  tears blurred her vision and the room seemed so tiny it shocked her to see everyone who was in it.

She started walking backwards till she made it to the door and ran out to God knows where.

"Give her sometime. She'll be back?" Said on of the nurses as they detached the tubes and oxygen mask from  Samantha's  now lifeless  body.

Alicìa  was walking aimlessly  when the sound of babies crying reached her ears.

She was right infront of the nursery.

She looked at what seemed like a thousand babies. Some where quite and asleep , others were making noise crying , while other just lay awake I'm their tiny bed.

"Those two right there" said the doctor from earlier. "That is baby Noah and baby Summer"  he said and he stood next to her as she took in the presence of the two babies.

"Listen we totally understand  if you don't want to take responsibility for these two children. We can put them up for adoption  or Foster care." He explained and that seemed to draw some sort of anger within Alicìa.

"I never said that" she said with her brows  frowned and the doctor just smiled and nodded before giving her papers to sign.

"We still need to decide wha-" but he immediately  kept quite looking at the nurse who was signalling him to come into the nursery.

Lifting her head up from the papers she'd just signed she saw the doctor rushing towards Summer's crib.

"No!" She said as she watched the doctor take the baby and rush to the adjoining room.

She looked at baby Noah as Samantha's  words replayed themselves in her hand. "These two kick alot. There's a 48% chance that one of my babies might be a stillborn and my anemia issue might just cause problems for me during my delivery " she said sadly looking at her stomach.

Alicìa  couldn't stop the tears from falling from her eyes. She'd just met Samantha  but the responsibility  she'd just given her was too much.

The doctor came out moments later and looked at  Alicìa  and took off his stethoscope  and shook his head.

********************£nd of FLASHBACK

Alicìa  closed her eyes remember those events as she was facing the window.

The guys were sitting in silence while Lorenzo was standing a few feet away from her.

"I know what you're  going to ask next " she said referring to Lorenzo.

"After all this , why didn't you come home?" She said to him.

She turned around and faced him.

"I wanted to come home with every being within but I couldn't. I had no way of reaching out to you. Not since I was told to make that call you've mentioned to me." She said.

"I was scared that if I got out of Belgium and back to Italy  Jonathan  would find Noah. He's been frantically  looking for him. I could've handled it if it was me alone. But I didn't even want to risk Noah in the process of trying to get to you. " She explained  to him and he nodded.

"I understand " was all he said before he took  her hands in his and kissed them inside before pulling her to him and giving her hug and kissing the top of her head.

"I'm gonna find something to drink in the kitchen " said Luca standing up  and the rest of the guys followed him.

Lorenzo didn't want to let go of her. She giggled at the thought

"You don't know how hurt and lost I felt when I thought you'd died Alicìa " said Lorenzo in a low voice still holding on to her.

"Im so sorry that I didn't come back. Every moment hurt without you but I couldn't come back " she whispered as she rested her head oh his chest and let the familiar  feeling of him  sink in.

She smiled and closed her eyes relaxing in his arms.  All she wanted was to make up for the  lost 3years of their life.

"I love you " she said to him and he held her tighter and sighed.

"I love you more than what those words could possibly mean" he said to her.

She looked up to see him  looking down at her with love and care.

He cupped her face and connected their lips.

She'd missed this but he'd missed it more.

They'd missed this.

They'd missed each other.