3|The Wedding

*Chapter song included*

Emilia's POV

2 weeks later

I stood in front of the mirror as the assistants fixed my hair and dress.

I had to admit, the dress fitted me perfectly and I barely had to make any alterations.

The door opened and there came my papá.

Everyone immediately stopped what they were doing and walked out when he walked over and kissed me on my forehead.

"I am proud of you," he said. "Today signifies that both mafias can work together for the good. You marrying Santo just shows that our mafia is ready to take the next step."

I scoffed before backing away from him.

He watched me in shock. "What's wrong, mia bambina?"

"You don't get it, do you?"

He looked at me confused.

"You're marrying me off to some rude stranger and all you can do is tell me about the mafia?" I asked feeling hurt. "You didn't even ask how I am feeling. You ignored my feelings for the past two weeks."

He immediately hugged me. "Emilia, I'm sorry. I guess I got carried away."

My throat started burning as I held in my tears.

"If you don't want this we can cancel the wedding. We will get our supply elsewhere," he said as he hugged me tighter. "This is my first time being a father too kid and sometimes I forget what I'm supposed to do."

I closed my eyes as I leaned into my father's chest. I'd wanted this hug for the past two weeks.

The door opened and mom came in with a smile on her face. "Am I interrupting?"

I motioned for her to come and join our hug and she did.

"Emmy was just reminding me how much of a shitty person I can be sometimes," dad said and I frowned.

"You're not shitty," I reassured him as we all released from our family hug.

He turned to mom. "I need you to tell Seb that the wedding's cancelled."

She raised her eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

He nodded. "I will do anything to keep my daughter happy."

She gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Okay."

She turned around and started walking to the door.

"Stop," I said as I knew I'll regret this later. "I'll do it."

"I'm the capo's daughter. It's my responsibility to make sure we're okay too."

"Emilia, what are you talking about?" he asked confused.