9|My New Thesis

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

As we walked into the living room, Gia went to sit next to her husband and Jaz was already next to hers.

I briefly looked at Santo who was trying his best not to look in my direction. After getting the memo, I started walking to the empty chair before he cleared his throat.

He had moved to the right to make space for me. His eyes looked in every direction but mine.

"Aren't you going to sit, Emilia?" Jaz asked politely.

I scratched my head before sitting next to Santo. "Yeah."

Things were still awkward with us from our little argument yesterday and our brief conversation earlier did not make things any better.

"Emilia, this is my husband, Dante," Jaz said as she pointed next to the man beside her. He seemed a little shy but I think the two complemented each other well.

"Nice to meet you," he said as he nodded his head to me.

"And this is Tommaso," Gia said proudly as she pointed to her husband.

I could tell he was the most confident out of all of them since he was the first to speak to me.

He nodded his head with a smile on his face.

I slightly turned to Santo, who was engulfed in his own thoughts. The others must have noticed because they all started to look at him.

"Brother, are you there?" Dante asked and Santo looked at him.

"I should've killed that bastard sooner," he said angrily. "He jeopardized my whole plan."

Dante sighed. "I told you not to kill him. We could've used him to draw them out."

Jaz pulled out two bottles of alcohol. "Okay, enough business talk. Let's have some fun!"

Jaz and Gia both gave each other a mischievous look which confused the rest of us.

"Since Santo is finally married," Gia started. "How about we play that Never Have I Ever game we've been waiting to play for so long?"

"No," Santo immediately said with a straight face.

"Oh come on Santo," Jaz begged. "It'll be fun."

"I don't see why not," Tommaso added. "Unless he's scared his wife might reveal too much about him and his wife's relationship?"

Santo scoffed. "I am not scared of anything. You guys are just childish."

They all turned to look at me. "Emilia, what do you think? Do you want to have some fun?"

"She's a kid," he spoke for me. "She doesn't need to play this stupid game."

I clenched my fists for the hundredth time today before turning to him. "No honey, I think I want to play this game."