14| Foreign Regions

Santo's POV

Santo's POV

I missed James.

He was the only thing that I needed right now.

I groaned as I held my back while getting up off the hard couch.

Turns out that sleeping on the couch was not as comfortable as I had anticipated.

I looked back at the closed bedroom door before sighing.

I don't know how much more of this I can take before I kill her.

I loathe that woman.

Emilia purposely does things to irritate me and then gets mad when I bite back.

I never wanted to get married but I had to either way. Now it's worse than I thought.

Living like this is my worst nightmare.

I tried to do anything to distract me from waiting for that door to open, however, nothing worked.

After not being able to take it anymore, I stood up and opened the door.

She was peacefully asleep on the bed. Her breaths were deep and slow as she quietly slept.

My mouth twitched a little as I watched her hair sticking in all directions. She was kind of cute.

I shook my head before quietly closing the door.

What the hell am I doing?

I walked to my suitcase before taking off my clothes and changing into my swim shorts.

I then put on my sunglasses before going to lay down on one of the sun loungers near the pool.

My phone started to ring and I saw that it was Dante. I immediately picked up.

"What's wrong?" I asked in fear that he and my father had already managed to ruin things overnight. "I can get on the plane right now."

He started laughing. "Do you have that little faith in me, boss? Can't I just check up on my best friend?"

I relaxed a little. "I do have faith in you but we don't exactly have a let-me-check-up-on-my-friend relationship."

"Well, maybe we should?"

I stayed quiet for a while. "How's everything? Did the shipment come?"

He sighed. "Everything's on schedule, Santo. You need to relax. Your father and I can take care of things. He was the don before you."

"I know, I know," I said. "I just feel like I'm wasting my time here when I should be getting things done over there."

"It seems like you're starting to like your job," he said and I laughed.

"Over my dead body," I replied. "I just like being in control of things."

"If you say so, Santo," he teased. "How's the honeymoon?"