7|James

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

When I was 16, I received my high school diploma. I was diligent and I made sure I studied even though I was home schooled.

My father didn't like the idea of me going to a regular school. He claimed that it would be too dangerous.

I liked being home-schooled. I could have my classes anywhere I wanted. It could be in the kitchen, my bedroom, the garden, anywhere. However, sometimes it sucked.

I never got to make any friends or get that highschool love I always saw in movies. Even though I had my parents who showered me with love and support, I still felt alone.

I felt like I was missing a part of me; the missing piece to my puzzle.

I thought maybe trying out college would be a good thing. Maybe then I could find that missing piece but now I can't even do that.

My stomach grumbled as I held my phone staring at that F.

"Calm down," I said to my stomach before I started walking to the kitchen.

When I reached, I looked around for a cook, maid, or anyone for a matter of fact but no one was here.

At home, I am used to food being cooked for me.

When I was 8, our longtime housekeeper, Ms. Rossi, passed away. After that, we never had anyone stable again.

My mother is not that good at cooking and unfortunately, I have inherited that disadvantage as well.

My stomach cried again and I sighed.

I'm going to have to make my own food here, aren't I?

"I can do this," I whispered to myself before heading to the refrigerator.

I took out the eggs and bacon before putting the frying pan on the stove to heat.

I quickly made my breakfast before sharing it on my plate.

When I started to pour my coffee, he walked in.

We exchanged glances but neither of us dared to break our silence.

He opened the cupboard to get a mug before pouring his coffee when I finished pouring mine.

I silently sat around the kitchen island as I started eating my breakfast.

I couldn't help but notice him looking disgusted by my food.

When he looked away, I looked down at my burnt eggs and bacon. I even managed to burn my bread in the toaster. I felt embarrassed.

I could count with my fingers the number of times I made breakfast for myself.

"You could've told me," I said to break our awkward silence.