11|His Parents

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

I smiled as I finally finished writing my introduction. It took me two hours to come up with the key points for my essay.

With the limited information I had on Santo, I decided to close my laptop and call it a day.

I had not seen him all day. When I woke up, he was gone.

I looked at his cat who was lying on the ground, playing with his toys. "How does it feel to have my husband love you more than he loves me?"

"Meow," James said before he continued playing and I gave him a jealous look.

His life was simple. He was fed three times a day, all he had to do was play, and Santo treated him with respect.

Those three things were the bare minimum, yet I was jealous.

The door opened before Santo stormed in.

"Get dressed," was all he simply said before picking up his cat and leaving.

I quickly got up and followed him to his office. He seemed angrier than usual.

"Get dressed for what?" I asked so I could know how to dress.

"My father wants to meet you," he said as he petted his cat.

His father? This was the first time he mentioned him.

I nodded hesitantly. "Okay," I said before going back to the room and getting ready.

I curled my hair and did my makeup before slipping into a black, satin dress.

He opened the door. "Are you ready as..." he trailed off as his eyes landed on me. He had changed into a black dress shirt with matching dress pants.

"How do I look?" I asked nervously. I wanted to make my first impression memorable.

He cleared his throat and looked away. "You're not an eyesore," he said and I contemplated whether to take that as a compliment or not.

"Let's go," he ordered before walking out.

I smiled before following behind him to his car.

The drive started silent between us, as always. I've noticed that he's not much of a talker.

"Santo," I started. "What's your favorite colour and food?"

I needed to gather all the information I could get.

He turned to me looking confused. "Why do you want to know?"

Because I'm secretly writing a thesis on you.

"No reason in particular," I answered. "I just thought it would be nice to know you."

We fell into silence again and I decided to look outside the window.