47|Fill the Void

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

"How much longer?" I asked my mom as she and Bella laid down next to me on the bed.

Mom had bought face masks for the three of us and said we were having a 'self-care' day.

I appreciated that she was trying to take my mind off of things.

I've barely been getting sleep since I returned. I had gotten so accustomed to Santo's bed that it made me not like mine anymore.

"Emilia, when did you become so impatient?" She asked.

Bella placed cucumbers on my eyes.

"Bella!" I shouted as I tried to take them off but she stopped me.

"Emilia, you need to calm down. These are good for you," good for you.

I huffed before I gave in.

I waited a few minutes before I took off the cucumbers to see both mom and Bella's eyes were covered.

I waved my hand in front of their eyes to ensure they couldn't see anything before picking up my phone.

As I held my phone, I looked on the missed calls from him.

He called me 10 times.

When I woke up and saw them, I immediately wanted to call him back but I couldn't.

My thumb dangled in front of his contact, ready to call him.

It could be important.

"Emilia!" Bella shouted before she grabbed my mom.

I rolled my eyes.

My mom instantly got up. "What happened?"

Bella showed her my phone and my gave me a look.

"Emilia, how are you going to get over him if he you keep staring at his name all day?"

"Santo has never called me so many times before," I told them. "He's never called anyone that much. It must've been important."

"Em, put yourself first and then when you can handle it, talk to him," Bella said.

"Bella's right Emmy," mom added. "If you break down just by thinking about him, how are you going to have a conversation with him?"

I fell back down on my back.

"You're right," I answered as I stared into the ceiling.

"Just give it time like he said," she tried to comfort me. "With time you'll know if it was meant to be."

"Okay," I said before my phone started ringing.

I reached for my phone but Bella pulled it back.

"I just want to know who it is," I explained. "If it's him, I won't answer."