5|My New Home

Emilia's POV

Emilia's POV

We drove in a tense silence on the dark road for over an hour before some lights finally came into view.

He made a right turn before pressing a button on the dashboard. Lights instantly turned on to reveal a gate automatically opening.

As we drove in, we passed a large field which appeared to be a golf course. Soon enough, a wide, beige and black mansion, which was surrounded by various trees, came into view.

My mouth dropped in awe as the site captivated me.

This was my new home?

In front stood large, masked men carrying military-graded machine guns. Two of them had large, Rottweilers held by heavy chains.

Why would his guards carry such artillery?

"We're here," he drily said as he got out of the car and started walking towards the mansion.

How welcoming.

I took a deep breath before opening the door and struggling to get out.

He watched me with a bored expression as he stood by the door with his hands in his pocket.

"Asshole," I mumbled under my breath before walking towards him.

As I walked past the guards, a chilling feeling passed through my body as their cold eyes stared at me.

They were nothing like the guards back home. They lacked warmth.

I want to go home.

"Are you going to come in or are you going stay outside and guard the place instead?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

I ignored his comment and walked inside.

As I walked in I felt even more scared than how the guards' stares made me feel.

In here was cold, it was empty, and it lacked personality.

There were barely any furniture in here, rather worse any pictures. It made me sad.

This was the house of a psychopath.

"This way," he said as he walked up the stairs.

I held up my dress and silently followed behind him until he opened a door to a room.

I smiled when I saw a king-sized bed. All I wanted to do was sleep.

I walked up to the bed and brushed my hand across the sheets. It was extremely soft.

How relieving.

I turned to face him. "Well, goodnight."

He closed the door behind him and locked it. "Strip."