Song Hart Williams

“I think you should come meet Owen again.” Kristen stopped to take a deep breathe “He does contemplate on his behaviour and he misses you a lot Song.”

10 years old, Song wanted him to take him to the Dr’s and he didn’t. 11 years old, he wanted him to give him a piggy ride and he denied. 12 years old, he begged him not to leave him and his mother.

12 again because he wanted Owen to hear he got scarred, just to watch him pushing him away. He had to say No, I won’t or why should I? or Thanks I don’t want to.

“I will.” His hands in a tight fist, wrong answer! So wrong answer. There’s nothing to change he convinced himself.

“Great, go Jeremy drop him home.” Kristen pushed Jeremy front as Song shook his head realizing all their eyes study him.

“No! Dad won’t.” Gabriella yelled and Kristen hit her lightly on her arm.

“Show some courtesy Gabriella!”

“He won’t mom, Dad you’re not leaving.” Song nodded showing his agreement as Kristen again raised her hand to hit Gabriella but Dr. Leo stopped her,

“Gabriella meant to say she will drop him home.” Kristen’s frown turned into a smile and Gabriella crinkled her eyes, shaking her head and then facing Song.

“I will drop him.” She smiled with her eyes and Jeremy held her arm.

“You will just drop him, drop him. If I, Gabriella…I hear anything then.” Gabriella brushed his grip off still smiling.

“I will drop him.” She repeated and Song stood froze deciding who is the safest option and that was,

“Gabriella will drop you.” Dr. Leo waved as Gabriella scoffed at Song,

“Let’s go, driving lessons by an 18-year-old single girl.” She said and flipper her hairs,

Gabriella’s driving was good, she followed every rules-and-regulations, screamed at people breaking it.

“My dad is my favourite man. I don’t understand why he didn’t let you go to jail.” She mumbled, her eyes on the road

“Ask him.” She glances at him and then on the road.

“Your confidence makes me wonder what my dad ever do to you.”

“You don’t want to know.” Song inhaled, massaging his temples recalling the grounding techniques to stay in the present.

“If I do want to know?” Emphasis on do.

“I won’t.”

“I am a year younger than you. I skipped my kinder-garden.” She chuckled a pitchy laugh.

“I know.” How can he forget the memories of being in Fumi School, the only time where Song was different, happier and a lot unbothered.

“Feels like destiny because all the guys interested in me are all older than me for instance, that creepy guy I met at the café.” Her voice slowly sounding serious.

“Do I look older than my age?” She turned to Song waiting for his answer.

“You haven’t changed even a bit since we last met.”

“So, I don’t look old?” She raised her eye-brow.

“No.” Song shook his head as she wriggled in her seat, shaking her head.

“By the way. I mean perhaps…Do you seem to own a black card? Now that my dear classmate is rich, do you?” The smile still on her face,