Shawn Hutchins

Do people who appear careless suffer panic attacks?

Right. Criminal in world’s eyes, he wasn’t wrong, he pulled the bandage off the unhealed wound, but he couldn’t be blamed, his father let this commence in the first place, he was reckless and selfish.

Matt did his job. Shawn blinked back the thoughts and analyzed the surrounding, fancy brands and games corner, malls were not his scene but Gabriella was, her distress.

He accompanied her to the mall, recalling she too had helped him once. For the first time, she hadn’t put any efforts in her clothing, a loose black tee and baggy jean. Sipping the coffee she turned to Shawn,

“You didn’t have to accompany.” Her voice stern as she stirred the coffee.

“I am sorry, about yelling at you in the hospital.” She paused, pursed her lips.

“I wasn’t mad.”

“Gabriella, I know this must be hard to accept,” She interjected.

“I can’t believe I called that man my dad.” His father was responsible, Cody was responsible and Jeremy, he covered them up, he can’t fully comprehend Gabriella’s rage.

“I see you bought a friend.” An unfamiliar voice and Shawn turned to spot a tall girl, wearing a crop top with cargo pants, a small bag in her hand and it struck him, Gabriella’s fashion friend. Her almond eyes of the deep brown color, small face and brown hairs.

“Meet Luna Flynn and Luna, meet Shawn Hutchins.” Luna waved and took the seat.

“How come you called your fashion rival?” She asked, a smile on her face.

“Your boy-friend, he can’t fight for them.” A pause and Shawn crinkled his eyes.

“Samuel has a girl-friend?” He looked at Luna, her eyes widened and she turned to Gabriella.

“My boy-friend…” More like a question, her lips in a pout.

“No. Matt is her boy-friend.” Gabriella mumbled, a sort of emptiness in her voice and her eyes, they weren’t shining.

“Yes, because aren’t you seeing June?” Luna kept a smile on her face and seemed to ignore Shawn.

“Why would I stop him?” She asked.

“Because, they are wrong.” Luna chuckled and pulled the strands of her hair behind her ear,

“I don’t know who’s right or wrong. I can’t meddle in his work affairs.” She glanced off at Shawn, her aura strong yet elegant.

“Also, why are we hanging out with a criminal?” She mumbled loud enough for Shawn to hear. A sharp ache in his heart, maybe Matt wasn’t totally wrong, people’s thoughts happened to matter to Shawn.

“He is not a criminal.”

“It’s okay, I will be out,” Shawn got up, a forced smile to hold back the hurt, the normal life snatched away from him, he pointed his thumb at the exit.

“Let me know when you’re done.” Gabriella nodded and Luna kept her eyes on the table.

“Matt’s girl-friend?” June bit the ice-cream which Shawn bought for himself. Alone feels scary, people’s gaze and glares, it petrified him, even in his dreams. All he could see and hear was the chatter and gazes, June was talking and that cancelled the chatter, anxiety and terror, his light gruff voice had helped him now, his palms were clammy and tips of the fingers and nope cold.

“Shawn, are you listening?” Shawn nodded and saw the book-store, he couldn’t go there without having people see him.

“What’s wrong?” His tone, worried and Shawn wanted to shake his head but he couldn’t, instead he said,

“Matt was not wrong.” June paused, resting his hands on his waist.

“Who was it? Gabriella? People from the mall?” June asked, ready to fight and Shawn appreciated the protective side,

“I can’t blame them, maybe they’re not to be blamed- maybe this is my life- I should get used to being called a criminal, right.” June didn’t say a word, kept staring at Shawn and moved towards him, a hand on the shoulder.

“You’re not a criminal.” A low tone,
“I am.” His throat choking on the tears he held back, hot flashes on his face, fighting to let the tears fall down. Contradicting his every good thought, June pulled him into a hug and patted.

“They say I am and no one knows but what they know is their reality.” Heart aching with in his chest and the tears escaped his eyes.

“We will change their perspectives. We will change their reality.” June said and Shawn lifted his head up breaking the hug, he saw Gabriella rush out of the mall, tugging on her bag she rushed towards the always silent lane and he recalled the moment when she was nearly robbed.