𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

CHAPTER THREE
Mighty Wings

"And of course, I broke into the Oval Office, and took a picture of myself at the window, looking all JFK... but then I was, like... wait! How am I gonna get these photos developed?" Kai rambled on.

    "Oh my god. Just answer the damn question. How are we gonna get out of this twilight zone?" Damon said, annoyed by the rambling.

    Preston pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance to both Kai and Damon.

    "I got a question for you first. Why do you think we're struck on a repeating loop of May 10, 1994, doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever and ever?" Kai asked him, and Preston had a feeling he was gonna answer that himself.

    Damon took a sip of the bourbon in the glass. "How the hell should I know?"

    "Well, I heard you tell Bonnie this was your own personal hell. Then Preston said that due to being in literal Hell, it wasn't. I'm kinda curious why." Kai replied.

    "I found everything you asked for. Can opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam, pocket knife, volume O of the encyclopedia, a nail and a black marker. Now what?" Bonnie announced, dumping the stuff out of the bag.

    "Can't show you with my hands taped." Kai stated.

    "Bonnie..." Damon said, watching as Bonnie used the pocket knife to get the tape off of Kai's hands.

    "Thank you."

    "Okay, fine. How's this pile of crap gonna get us out of here?" Damon questioned Kai.

    "I'll explain as soon as you tell me what you did on May 10th, 1994."

    "What difference does it make?" Damon asked, getting even more frustrated.

    "Put it this way, Bonnie's magic is one part of the equation. My as-yet disclosed knowledge is the other. Which means both you and Preston would be hitching a ride home for free. I just want to know if you deserve to come along."

    "Well I can't really remember what I was doing because I was 2. Probably on a case." Preston responded, half-joking.

    Damon stood up, grabbing Kai by his collar. "Or I could just torture you until you say something useful." Damon threatened.

    "If you torture me, I'll get mad, and then I won't want to help you. What kind of person needs to have that explained to them?" Kai did technically bring up a good point.

    Reluctantly, Damon let him go.

    "Play nice." Bonnie told Damon.

    "Stop trying to impress the new guy."

    "Why don't you just tell him your story?" Bonnie questioned Damon.

    Preston sighed, sitting back down as she continued to drink her coffee.

    "Maybe because I don't want to talk about the worst thing I ever did, Bonnie." Damon responded through gritted teeth.