𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

CHAPTER SEVEN
The Thanksgiving Special

Caroline had dragged Preston into helping to set up for Thanksgiving, which was pointless to Preston, and it brought up a few bad memories of her 'childhood'. But she was doing this for Caroline.

    "I'm a vampire." Elena stated again.

    "I don't know. Maybe a less emphasis on 'vampire'." Caroline suggested.

    "I'm a vampire. I mean, there's only so many ways you can say it." Elena repeated.

    "Well, maybe Liam will stop digging into Lady Whitmore's miraculous recovery and you won't have to come clean." Caroline said with a grin. Preston had found out that Elena and Liam were friends/co-workers for the hospital.

    "Or he'll keep digging, realise that I force fed her my vampire blood and then just bail." Elena said.

    "Or I could kill him."

    "Preston, no." Caroline shut Preston's idea down. "God, you are so much like Enzo." She muttered.

    "I'll take that as a compliment." Preston shrugged.

    "Okay, you know all of this can go away with one fell mind wipe." Caroline explained to Elena.

    "So lie, and lie again, and again and again." Elena carried on.

    "Okay, if you wanna tell him the truth, I support you 100%, but if you're rushing into this for no reason, then I suggest you keep your fangs to yourself." Caroline advised.

    Preston furrowed her brows with her arms crossed over her chest as she heard light footsteps. She turned around to see Jo standing there with a tinfoil container. "Hi." Jo said with a smile.

    "Where's Alaric?" Elena wondered.

    "Don't kill the messenger. Something about an impromptu guys' weekend." Jo explained.

    "Those sons of bitches." Preston muttered harshly.

    "Oh, hey, Preston! Did your brothers get back to you about if they're coming or not?" Caroline asked.

    "Yeah, they're really busy with cases and it's just not— it's just not a great time. And Meredith really wanted to, but she's really busy too in The Quarter." Preston explained.

    "No problem, I can work with what we've got." Caroline smiled.

    Elena angrily stormed off to call Alaric. Preston and Caroline sneakily followed her to listen in. Then Elena said the words: Bonnie's alive. Bonnie didn't die. She was still in the Prison World, which sucked, but she was alive.

    "Bonnie's alive?" Caroline whispered, then she turned to smile even more.

    Preston walked away, heading into the room, or as Preston would call it: her room. She sat on her bed, sighing. All the memories of Thanksgiving came flooding back in fragments: John drinking his ass off because he wasn't working on a case, the violence... the constant fear of being hurt.